There are newer employer reviews for Shire Pharmaceuticals

The BEST place I've worked!

Current Contractor - Manufacturing Tech I in Lexington, MA
Current Contractor - Manufacturing Tech I in Lexington, MA

I have been working at Shire Pharmaceuticals as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the culture here. I'm in Manufacturing and we work as a team. I love the 4 day work week and I really like that Shire makes a difference in people's lives. They have awesome group activities. We work hard, but it's rewarding.

Cons

Sometimes there's a lack of communication. Can be a high pressure job trying to be perfect and not get any deviations.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees who make suggestions and implement common sense solutions. Sometimes things are made more difficult than they have to be, and sometimes I feel like I'm not heard unless I'm adamant about a particular topic

Other Employee Reviews for Shire Pharmaceuticals

1. Shire has an excellent working atmosphere; plenty of opportunities to learn!

Current Employee - Validation Engineer in Lexington, MA
    Current Employee - Validation Engineer in Lexington, MA

I have been working at Shire Pharmaceuticals full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of learning opportunities, variety of projects to work on, decent benefits and very friendly colleagues. Your work definitely gets acknowledged!

Cons

Doesn't pay as well as IT or EE companies.

Not a bad place to work depending on your priorities

I worked at Shire Pharmaceuticals full-time

Pros

Benefits, salary competative, facilities, location, mostly helpful friendly people at the mid-lower levels, challenging, good mission for big pharma, opportunities for growth, IF you play the game and are in with the right people

Cons

Expectation is that you are available 24-7, so work-life balance is off, and the work load is very heavy. Re-organization was never ending and is still ongoing causing major discomfort, some redundancy in some areas and huge gaps in others. For the most part, but some exceptions, management seems like a special club to which only the elite may engage.