There are newer employer reviews for Shoe Carnival

Working for Shoe Carnival is like traveling the road to nowhere.

Current Employee - General Manager
Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Shoe Carnival

Pros

Actually, once full-time you do get quite a bit of personal time off as well as vacation time. You can pesonalize how you run your store with limitations though.

Cons

Ever changing policies not communicated to management. Example: Working really hard as an assistant to get promoted and finding out the position NOW pays $10000 a year less. Willing to relocate anywhere for any salary is what company wants. Qualities undefined for management positions in store with no standard hiring requirements. Hard work does not get noticed.

Advice to Management

Don't boast "Quality of Life" for your GM's when there isn't any. Take advantage energenic people with incentives and drop the "Old World" ways of corporate budgeting. Some management may have the key's to your sucess but to buried in day to day grind.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Terrible, with no room for growth.

I worked at Shoe Carnival

Pros

Some of the people there are easy to get a long with.

Cons

Can be chaotic during the holiday, and the upper level work their employee to death.

Advice to Management

Don't work your employees to death.

Too Many Small Tasks, Not enough HELP

Current Employee - Supervisor
    Current Employee - Supervisor

I have been working at Shoe Carnival

Pros

Good Employees Fast Pace on Weekends & Holidays Discount Selection Of Merchandise Acknowledge employee effort Great District Manager Good Training

Cons

Work Load Unfair Shifts Favoritism Too much personal talking among employees No Communication, I was a supervisor and associates would know things before me As a supervisor I was constantly placed on register because the lack of help and nobody could really train me Assistant Manager was more knowledgeable than Store Manager Needs to be a beeter way of doing shipment and markdowns, everyone has there own way very time consuming You have to Run the mic after every song and Im not a mic person and that is not what I was hired for I was hired to Supervise and guide others in the right direction to keep the store running smoothly.

Advice to Management

COMMUNICATION IS KEY!!!!! STOP TALKING ABOUT EMPLOYEES PROBLEMS TO OTHER EMPLOYEES THATS HOW PROBLEMS START.