average, minimum-wage job.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Brandon, FL
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Brandon, FL

I worked at Shoe Carnival

Pros

shoe discount. laid back environment.

Cons

staying way too long after hours to clean, when all other stores have long gone home. opening a box to find a customer has replaced the new pair with an old, gross pair. customers who don't speak spanish & assume that you do. dirty store.

Advice to Management

n/a

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Shoe Carnival IN South Carolina

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Columbia, SC

I worked at Shoe Carnival

Pros

There is no best reasons, but they gave me pretty good employees discounts, but i am young and i wanted to wear my earrings and that was not cool lol, but any ways it is a cool place to work, the store is small so you should know where eveything at, and be very helpful to all the customers, and they sell alot of women shoes, so that means when you go home you have more experience in knowing what women prefer, such as heels color and stuff like that. but overall i like it when i worked there so yeah.

Cons

the pay, and they give you a good employee discount, but overall there is nothing i would want for my self, i brought stuff for my babies. but thats about it.

Advice to Management

none

2. An overall enriching opportunity from a company that is still learning, itself.

Current Employee - General Manager in Evansville, IN
    Current Employee - General Manager in Evansville, IN

I have been working at Shoe Carnival

Pros

A good opportunity for professional growth.
    Store management is given access to good sales data and tools. I cannot be specific, but access to sales data is solid.
    The company is financially responsible, lending to job security.
    Human resources is decent.
    Managers that are eager and consistent have a good opportunity to develop many important business operations skills.

Cons

For people above store level management, the environment appears to be negative and unrewarding, lending to a uneasy feeling about 'climbing the ladder' further.
    Recognition and feedback from senior management is rarely communicated at the store level beyond a newsletter.
    A few initiatives have been good in theory but lacked proper execution or came into fruition too late.

Advice to Management

Stay in touch with stores, both on morale related feedback as well as feedback about store operations. Trust in your regions to identify specific trends and needs. Consider the unusual and always look at the positives as well as the negatives.