Shoe Carnival
www.shoecarnival.com Evansville, IN 1000 to 5000 Employees

Be careful

General Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThe Company is growing rapidly, and there are lots of GM and SM positions available. After the GM level, you have no way of growing with the company unless the Regional "likes you"! Hard work and dedication is not rewarded, it’s who you know.

ConsIn order to move up, you must be a member of the "good old boys club"! It's NOT about how hard you work or even if you’re a great worker, it's about if the Regional "likes" you or not! The Regional Managers have way too much power and the Divisional Managers don't have the time or care about what the Regionals are doing. I have worked for this company for a long time and this opinion is also believed by MANY other managers. Regional Managers treat their management staff like crap! They don't care about your personal life it's all about Shoe Carnival only. The Regional managers also need to stop telling lies about your career growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to have Regional Managers that CARE about the management team they lead. In order to spend some time away from work for family matters it takes an "act of congress" and you must answer a million questions first! The upper management team does not care about their people, it’s all about "what have you done for us mentality". If you take care of your people, they will take care of you! That’s management 101, and Shoe Carnival has never understood that!!!!

Started out great, but slowly getting to be a bad company to work for

Sales Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Shoe Carnival

Pros: First off, let me say that I've been with this company for longer that most, so I have seen many changes over the years. I know… Cons: The return policy is a joke. When did we become Kohls? Or why do we have a return policy? The Shoe Perks system is… Advice to Senior Management: Shoe perks: We NEED a way to look up a customer does not have their card on them. EVERY other store with similar… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Dead end job.

Sales Lead (Current Employee)

I have been working at Shoe Carnival

Pros: Fun atmosphere. Great learning environment Great management Customers. The management is fun and lets you have fun without being unprofessional. They train you… Cons: Theft is terrible (employees are not allowed to do anything.. Only loss prevention and management) Pay No room for growth Customers I love working here, but after four years… Advice to Senior Management: Pay a little more! Don't scrimp and save with your good… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Shoe Carnival.

Worked for Shoe Carnival? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Shoe Carnival reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Shoe Carnival CEO Clifton E. Sifford. All reviews posted anonymously by Shoe Carnival employees.