Shoe Carnival

www.shoecarnival.com
There are newer employer reviews for Shoe Carnival

Be careful

Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at Shoe Carnival full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The Company is growing rapidly, and there are lots of GM and SM positions available. After the GM level, you have no way of growing with the company unless the Regional "likes you"! Hard work and dedication is not rewarded, it’s who you know.

Cons

In order to move up, you must be a member of the "good old boys club"! It's NOT about how hard you work or even if you’re a great worker, it's about if the Regional "likes" you or not! The Regional Managers have way too much power and the Divisional Managers don't have the time or care about what the Regionals are doing. I have worked for this company for a long time and this opinion is also believed by MANY other managers. Regional Managers treat their management staff like crap! They don't care about your personal life it's all about Shoe Carnival only. The Regional managers also need to stop telling lies about your career growth.

You need to have Regional Managers that CARE about the management team they lead. In order to spend some time away from work for family matters it takes an "act of congress" and you must answer a million questions first! The upper management team does not care about their people, it’s all about "what have you done for us mentality". If you take care of your people, they will take care of you! That’s management 101, and Shoe Carnival has never understood that!!!!

93 Other Employee Reviews for Shoe Carnival (View Most Recent)

Dead end job.

Current Employee - Sales Lead
    Current Employee - Sales Lead

I have been working at Shoe Carnival

Pros

Fun atmosphere.
    Great learning environment
    Great management
    Customers.
    The management is fun and lets you have fun without being unprofessional. They train you by showing you. I have no problem talking openly with my managers and coworkers and consider most of them friends.

Cons

Theft is terrible (employees are not allowed to do anything.. Only loss prevention and management)
    Pay
    No room for growth
    Customers

I love working here, but after four years I feel like I am in the same place as when I started. I am a great employee (always showing up on time, going above and beyond my job) but you feel like you never get thanks. They promise full time and never give it.

Pay a little more! Don't scrimp and save with your good employees. Don't make empty promises that you have no intention of keeping.

Working for Shoe Carnival is like traveling the road to nowhere.

I have been working at Shoe Carnival

Pros

Actually, once full-time you do get quite a bit of personal time off as well as vacation time. You can pesonalize how you run your store with limitations though.

Cons

Ever changing policies not communicated to management. Example: Working really hard as an assistant to get promoted and finding out the position NOW pays $10000 a year less. Willing to relocate anywhere for any salary is what company wants. Qualities undefined for management positions in store with no standard hiring requirements. Hard work does not get noticed.

Don't boast "Quality of Life" for your GM's when there isn't any. Take advantage energenic people with incentives and drop the "Old World" ways of corporate budgeting. Some management may have the key's to your sucess but to buried in day to day grind.

There are newer employer reviews for Shoe Carnival