There are newer employer reviews for Shoe Carnival

A nice balance between work and fun.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Wilmington, NC
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Wilmington, NC

I worked at Shoe Carnival

Pros

Working with great people. Watching over the floor isn't a hard job. Keeping things straight is great if you are a perfectionist.

Cons

There tends to be an unbalanced amount of responsibilities. When you close for the night, if your section is done you usually can go but the section are completely not even size wise so some people have much less to do at the end of the day. The same goes for the entire day with keeping things straight. There is just so much more to do in some sections than others and people take that for granted.

Advice to Management

To keep work loads even.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. average, minimum-wage job.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Brandon, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Brandon, FL

I worked at Shoe Carnival

Pros

shoe discount. laid back environment.

Cons

staying way too long after hours to clean, when all other stores have long gone home. opening a box to find a customer has replaced the new pair with an old, gross pair. customers who don't speak spanish & assume that you do. dirty store.

Advice to Management

n/a

2. Shoe Carnival IN South Carolina

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Columbia, SC

I worked at Shoe Carnival

Pros

There is no best reasons, but they gave me pretty good employees discounts, but i am young and i wanted to wear my earrings and that was not cool lol, but any ways it is a cool place to work, the store is small so you should know where eveything at, and be very helpful to all the customers, and they sell alot of women shoes, so that means when you go home you have more experience in knowing what women prefer, such as heels color and stuff like that. but overall i like it when i worked there so yeah.

Cons

the pay, and they give you a good employee discount, but overall there is nothing i would want for my self, i brought stuff for my babies. but thats about it.

Advice to Management

none