Shoe Carnival

There are newer employer reviews for Shoe Carnival

Seriously

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Indianapolis, IN
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Shoe Carnival part-time (more than an year)

Pros

A lot of freedom . You aren't pressured to sell anything . You basically just have to show up .

Cons

The management is sexist . The raises suck . I worked there for a year and got a 7 cent raise and they never gave me my 3 or 6 month evaluation .

Teach your staff to sell . Set personal sale goals , and promote from within the company more often .

91 Other Employee Reviews for Shoe Carnival (View Most Recent)

Fun unique retail management positions

Former Employee - Floor Supervisor in Logan, UT
    Former Employee - Floor Supervisor in Logan, UT

I worked at Shoe Carnival full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Can be very interactive for the manager and active employees

Cons

The retail world is never a fun place to work.

Work your butt off for little to no appreciation and support from regional and divisional management

Former Employee - General Manager in Jackson, TN
    Former Employee - General Manager in Jackson, TN

I worked at Shoe Carnival

Pros

Benefits are available for PT and FT employees however the coverage is wanting.
    Management receives several days of pto compared to other companies for first year employees.
    Rewarding job.

Cons

Regional and Divisional manager disagreements on how to best MICROMANAGE.
    Like all retail no holidays or peak seasons that you can spend with family.
    Salaried employee is expected to be married to their job.
    Return policy is a joke.
    Policy is in place but is not executed properly the majority of the time even at high levels.
    Make sure you document everything.

Some of your highly trusted management team would rather run off the good employees and keep the ones that steal, harass, and will stab anyone in the back in order to move up. These things are covered up by regionals and divisionals mostly because they have a history of it too in some way. At one time, I had a lot of respect for the company and its leadership but I honestly hate to say I have a bad taste in my mouth after witnessing these things first hand and nothing being done to make it right. I have worked with some fine employees and had the privelege of meeting many fine employees at the corporate level as well. I now understand why some of the fine employees left before I did. I do wish the company the best of luck and hope that you will take a closer look at what really goes on at the higher levels of management and also the store managers and general managers. Some things are good and need to be recognized and appreciated and other things need to be looked into further and not buried. The good employees see there are better opportunities and much more appreciation, respect, and support with other companies. Its a major stumbling block for the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Shoe Carnival