There are newer employer reviews for Shop 'n Save

Good benifits managers are not fair

Former Employee - Office Supervisor in Granite City, IL
Former Employee - Office Supervisor in Granite City, IL

I worked at Shop 'n Save

Pros

Pay every week, good benifits

Cons

Hours cut really bad everyone complaining about hours

reviews filtered by

Was an OK place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Shop 'n Save

Pros

Could buy grocerys after work. Lots of hot woman to talk to, was a fun place to work, work wasn't hard.

Cons

Union pay sale isn't fair to new employee's, Only worth working there if you have been there before the newer contracts.

Pay/raises should be based on performace, not by how long you have been there. Time on the job was the only thing that mattered.

Shop 'n Slave

Current Employee - Sales in Bridgeview, IL
    Current Employee - Sales in Bridgeview, IL

I have been working at Shop 'n Save

Pros

There is not one reason I can think of to work here. Not one. Perhaps if you live near by and are totally desperate and don't mind having your dignity destroyed you might be interested.

Cons

Shop 'n Slave is a more appropriate name for this store. The management treats its employees like slave labour and as such pays them slave wages, yet expects them to be happy and thankful for their pitiful wages and no discount or any other benefits. The management yells/screams at employees in front of customers to humiliate them. I watched week after week as perfectly descent employees quit out of sheer frustration at being treated like cattle. This is the most despicable place I have ever had the misfortune of working at.

You can begin by treating your employees like human beings. Fire any manager that relishes humiliating employees in front of customers for trivial infractions which exist solely in the managers imaginations.

There are newer employer reviews for Shop 'n Save