ShopKo Stores

There are newer employer reviews for ShopKo Stores

Horrible

Former Employee - Cashier in Green Bay, WI
Former Employee - Cashier in Green Bay, WI

I worked at ShopKo Stores part-time (more than an year)

Pros

the coworkers there are the only thing that made it worth going to work

Cons

Horrible management! Told employees if they left she would give them a horrible review.

Just because you are management learn how to treat those below with respect because they are the ones who make your store run. DONT treat them like animals and not allow them their breaks! This is why I left this place, its because management does not know how to respect individuals below them.

180 Other Employee Reviews for ShopKo Stores (View Most Recent)

Great Company

I have been working at ShopKo Stores

Pros

Great company to work for.
    Excellent environment to learn retail in.

Cons

Not a lot of room for advancement

Worst employment experience of my life.

Former Employee - Electronics Specialist in Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Electronics Specialist in Madison, WI

I worked at ShopKo Stores part-time (more than an year)

Pros

You can dick around and no one will notice sometimes. I hooked up with a couple of my coworkers and that was awesome.

Cons

Everything. Upper Management was rude and apathetic towards their underlings. I was repeatedly promised to be trained in other areas (such as forklift) and no follow up for a full year. Was never thanked or appreciated for going out of my way to both providing fantastic customer service and stopping several people from committing credit card fraud in my electronics department. I reported workplace harassment and yet no follow up. Was sometimes given only a four hour shift in a single week which was from 5 to 9 am on Sunday mornings, yet high schoolers who goof around and don't have to pay the rent or pay for their food were given 30 plus hours. I was extremely underpaid for the amount of value I gave to the store. Etc. Shopko is a sinking ship and this is why.

Don't be a dick. Your employees are the reason why you have your over paid job to just sit around behind a desk all day. Be respectful and thankful for them.

There are newer employer reviews for ShopKo Stores