Struggling Company = Poor work environment

Former Employee - Call Center Quality Assurance Coach in Eden Prairie, MN
Former Employee - Call Center Quality Assurance Coach in Eden Prairie, MN

I worked at ShopNBC

Pros

Because there have been so many layoffs, I was able to build my resume with all the additional duties I picked up. This however was stressful and created long days on a salary to make up for being short staffed.

Cons

Poor pay in relation to other companies. They have cut 401K match and Dental out of the benefits provided. Of course, there is no pay towards additional schooling. Promotion of "friends" of management throughout the company. Most upper management hired since Keith took over as CEO has been from QVC, where he came from. It happened in the call center too. People who went out and partied with others below and above them were promoted easily. The frequent lay offs created an environment that was very short staffed and this was very stressful. It created very long days.

Advice to Management

Promote based on performance not brown nosing and friendships. Pay wages and benefits matching the market rate. Provide educational opportunities to the employees, this will only help the company grow.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Do not work at ShopNBC.

I worked at ShopNBC

Pros

If you want to work in television this is one of the few places in Minnesota to do so.

Cons

Terribly inept upper management, low salaries, promotion of people who work the system.

Advice to Management

Respect your employees more and offer decent compensation. Why do you think people leave that place in droves?

2. One of the most depressing and worst morale experiences in my career.

I worked at ShopNBC full-time

Pros

TV retail can be fast and fun, just not here.

Cons

Senior management philosophy changes with the wind. Not enough staff. Constant turnover.

Advice to Management

Hope that someone buys the company and bails you out.