ShopperLocal

www.shopperlocal.com

Great place to work and make a lot of money!! 6 figures if you actually WORK!

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative  in  Raleigh, NC
Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Raleigh, NC

Pros

Wonderful supportive management and owner with an open door policy. They will do anything to keep you from failing if you make an effort to work. I've been reading some of these reviews and it amazes me how people want to make money and have a job, but they aren't willing to actually get up everyday and go to work!....I've been at Shopper Local for 7 months and making six figures only because I do what it takes to get the job done as with any job.. A good sales person knows this. So if someone is willing to work I would totally recommend this company. If not, be on your way!

As for the product, its very simple and easy to learn and is very effective. National chains have been using this product for many years. Somethings working otherwise , they wouldn't give us the time of day.

As far as disgruntal past employees, I have one thing to say. You should have been consistent and gotten out of bed everyday!!! Good work ethics will take you far. Wanting to be paid for not working will get you "jobless"

Cons

Way too much patience for people who don't do their job!

Thoroughly check out new hires and their success with previous companies.

Other reviews for ShopperLocal

They listen if you actually have something to say.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Pros

Management practices the open-door policy and promotes from within based on that policy. See a problem? Have a solution? You can talk to the President of the company if you want, his email address and phone number are sent around monthly! Chances are, if you aren't just whining, you'll get a response and either be empowered to change the issue or get credit for the solution. They promote problem solvers who prove their management skills, not individuals that whine and blame everyone but themselves for poor sales.
    Your success is entirely up to you, the product is proven, there's hundreds of testimonials from highly successful businesses, and the support staff is set up to help you. The major issue with people not getting the help they need is not emailing or calling the right person (Sales Support) even after they're given the contact information 10 times over.

Cons

Your success depends on you. For people who want to be coddled with a salary and the ability to slack off until someone checks their browser history, this is not for you!

Maybe send a daily email reminder with the Sales Support contact info? Can't think of any more blatant reminder.

Good place to work if you have a good memory

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Bradenton, FL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Bradenton, FL

Pros

Cell phone
    Gain Experience in Outside Sales
    Training

Cons

Low base salary and comp plan
    Micro-Management and dismal advertiser results

I worked there for a week. You will be asked to sign a waiver at training in the Carolinas. If you can not memorize an ancient, uneffective script word for word, you will be let go. For any seasoned sales rep (like myself) you know this does not work. As every situation is different. I think that is enough said, but let me go a little further.

I actually made it through the training in NC. They flew me out to NC, put me in a hotel, and comped my meals. However, I returned to the field on Monday and after a long weekend w/ my family and friends, I had forgotten the script. I was asked first thing on Monday to recite the script. Needless to say, I did not do very well. The local sales manager told me to go home and memorize the script. If I did not have it memorized by the next day at 1:00 pm, I would be let go. I told him I would do my best and try to memorize more to his liking. I did not, in fact, I was holding on a few extra daysI do not like be threatened with my job right out of the gate. I told him to find someone else for the position.

These ads were to be placed on the back of register tape receipts at Sweetbay supermarkets in my area. Interestingly, within the next couple of months. All the Sweetbays in my territory had went out of business. This is a huge waste of time and if you are seasoned do not waste your time for a $20k base with a weak comp plan.

ShopperLocal Response

Aug 9, 2013President

Thank you for your feedback on the script. We regret that you didn't feel that the script was effective training and wish you luck with your new company. Our intention with the script is not to have ... More

There are newer employer reviews for ShopperLocal.

Worked for ShopperLocal? Contribute to the Community!