ShopperLocal

www.shopperlocal.com
  www.shopperlocal.com
There are newer employer reviews for ShopperLocal

Great place to work and make a lot of money!! 6 figures if you actually WORK!

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Raleigh, NC
Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at ShopperLocal full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Wonderful supportive management and owner with an open door policy. They will do anything to keep you from failing if you make an effort to work. I've been reading some of these reviews and it amazes me how people want to make money and have a job, but they aren't willing to actually get up everyday and go to work!....I've been at Shopper Local for 7 months and making six figures only because I do what it takes to get the job done as with any job.. A good sales person knows this. So if someone is willing to work I would totally recommend this company. If not, be on your way!

As for the product, its very simple and easy to learn and is very effective. National chains have been using this product for many years. Somethings working otherwise , they wouldn't give us the time of day.

As far as disgruntal past employees, I have one thing to say. You should have been consistent and gotten out of bed everyday!!! Good work ethics will take you far. Wanting to be paid for not working will get you "jobless"

Cons

Way too much patience for people who don't do their job!

Thoroughly check out new hires and their success with previous companies.

33 Other Employee Reviews for ShopperLocal (View Most Recent)

An experience to say the least

Former Employee - Local Marketing Consultant
    Former Employee - Local Marketing Consultant

I worked at ShopperLocal full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Met great people in training. My regional was fantastic and supportive of our team.

Cons

Job was threatened starting at training. Unrealistic goals for new reps with no customer base. Change happens in sales, that is understandable, but their changes would happen minute by minute. Again, unrealistic.

Rethink everything. Go out for a week and sell your product yourself in an area that isn't doing well.

ShopperLocal Response

Jul 12, 2013President

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and I do recognize that, during this period of time, we had been in a state of fluctuation as we moved from an IC based model that allowed for no training ... More

Good Luck!

Former Employee - Marketing Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at ShopperLocal full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Work at home. . . sort of. IN between being required to show up for useless banal sales meetings that waste a day or calling into morning sales calls that are even more useless and a waste of time. Base salary was nice as long as I could stand trying to sell this dated and tired product of coupons on the back of Supermarket receipts.

Cons

Lousy product, dated print material, management is clueless and incompetent on most levels. Company owner dresses in black and thinks he is some sort of visionary but his products are sub par in most markets. Granted, some territories are okay but overall most areas are "scorched earth" no former customers want to renew and current customers are hard to find because of poor product results and a bad reputation as a company.

Blow it up and start over again with a 21st century product.

ShopperLocal Response

Jul 12, 2013President

I'm quite sorry that you did not like the product. Unfortunately, with 60 years of success and a strong amount of ROI reported from current clients such as Curves, Burger King, and Jiffy Lube, we are ... More

There are newer employer reviews for ShopperLocal