There are newer employer reviews for Shoppers Drug Mart

Good company to work for great discount!

Current Employee - Cosmetician
Current Employee - Cosmetician

I have been working at Shoppers Drug Mart part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great discount I work with an amazing team! I get lots of good deals etc! Working in cosmetics is my passion !

Cons

Not many maybe that part time do not benefits, that's pretty common though! And my pay could be a little better but in time it will grow! Computer systems could be better in cosmetics referring to customer files, still in the stone age....

Keep up the good work!

322 Other Employee Reviews for Shoppers Drug Mart (View Most Recent)

just checking

I have been working at Shoppers Drug Mart

Pros

atmosphere, team work, benefits, satisfaction, helpful

Cons

none yet that i can see

train managers the right way

Each store is different - no consistency in p/t shift hrs, discount, training, transfer opportunities - need to reapply

Current Employee - Front Store Cashier to Supervisor - Never Happened in London, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Shoppers Drug Mart part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good first job. If you are a seasoned employee coming from another retail/customer service position be prepared to start at minimum wage, entry level position with little training to a cliquish, favoritism and nepotism type of environment.

Cons

- Excellent training is sacrificed to keep costs at a minimum by working to your shift allowance - no working 5 to 10 min extra to learn a procedure
    - Supervisors are not hired as supervisors with people skills. It is a natural progression after working 2+ years. I witnessed a 19 year old coworker promoted to supervisor because she was the longest standing front store cashier in the store
    - High turnover

Keep stores consistent with training, discount availability, refund policy, store shift hours with a central HR to raise questions, concerns, I understand each store is a franchise under the Shoppers Drug Mart banner but it is frustrating for employees as well as customers when we receive inconsistent information. Also stores do not talk to each other.

There are newer employer reviews for Shoppers Drug Mart