Shoppers Drug Mart

www.shoppersdrugmart.ca
  www.shoppersdrugmart.ca
There are newer employer reviews for Shoppers Drug Mart

Not a bad place to work but could be better.

I have been working at Shoppers Drug Mart

Pros

The shift is flexible, the pay is competitive with other pharmacies and my co-workers are ok for the most part. It is also great that it is a nationally known and ubiquitous company which makes it easier transfer when one relocates to a different city.

Cons

The top and middle management are disconnected from the actual day to day workings of the store and as such regularly come up with ridiculous "improvements" and suggestions to justify their pay.

Work a few shifts in the store to have a little idea of what goes on at the store level.

319 Other Employee Reviews for Shoppers Drug Mart (View Most Recent)

Not bad

Current Employee - Registered Pharmacy Student
    Current Employee - Registered Pharmacy Student

I have been working at Shoppers Drug Mart

Pros

30% discount is nice (though you really have to wait for those 20x points+discount-eligible days)
    Most customers are really nice, polite
    Co-workers (pharmacy/front store/management) are great to work with; very respectful, and some of the nicest people I've met

Cons

-The 11.99 dispensing fee tends to catch people off guard (its like they've never been to a shoppers before, and just chose it that day so that they could make you feel bad)
    -Script count is way too important, and with the high customer/patient-flow its hard to provide optimal patient care (pharmacist gets stuck behind the counter signing off on a mountain of backlogged scripts)
    -Understaffed, and the workload/backlog can be overwhelming sometimes

I really think steps should be taken to allow for shouldering some of the pharmacists load to allow for better patient care. The pharmacist is kind of doing a 2-person job, checking prescriptions to have them out in 15 minutes and dealing with the many issues that can come up, while answering questions/dealing with customer concerns/being in the isle to answer questions/make OTC recommendations. It wouldn't really make sense from a business perspective to have 2 pharmacists on duty (while maintaining the current salaries), so some sort of innovation needs to take place. Those automated filling-machines aren't a bad start, and perhaps they need to be in more stores.

in my opinion.........

Current Employee - Beauty Expert in Woodbridge, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Beauty Expert in Woodbridge, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Shoppers Drug Mart

Pros

- the friends i've made
    - 30% discount
    - The lead program (to become a store manager)
    - Gratis from cosmetic lines (only when my manager feels like giving it to us)

Cons

- Unfriendly management
    - Wage grid bull
    - Hour cuts when they feel like it
    - open way to late
    -Operates on seniority
    - No recognition four a job well done

Don’t take your frustrations out on the little guys, with out us, their would be no shopper’s.

There are newer employer reviews for Shoppers Drug Mart