There are newer employer reviews for Shoppers Drug Mart

It was fine, a good place for students in high school. Not a life-long career choice.

Former Employee - Cosmetician in Sherwood Park, AB (Canada)
Former Employee - Cosmetician in Sherwood Park, AB (Canada)

I worked at Shoppers Drug Mart

Pros

- I always had lots of customer interaction -I was always busy during every shift: lots of things to get finished

Cons

-Imbalanced workload. -Very low amounts of promotions for "younger" people. (This could have been just my location) -Commission earned was NEVER broken down and shown to me: I think that our boss had a way to get us ripped off. One month I only made $20 comission, on quite high sales.

Advice to Management

-Never underestimate a young, pretty face. -Have a better communication strategy with your cosmetics department about the Cosmetics Managers hired. I was very unhappy with most hired: I wound up training them! And they were the ones making the big bucks.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

tough times

Former Employee - Cosmetic Manager in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Cosmetic Manager in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I worked at Shoppers Drug Mart

Pros

great pay and benefits if your full time support from managment of course depends on your particular store and how its run, you can't rate shoppers as a chain based on one store

Cons

timekeeping system is to finiky and tends to lead to an hour or two loss on paychecks the pos system is ancient major cuts and job losses right now due to recession and generic drug issue pay for cashiers to low

Advice to Management

every managment team is different depending what store you are at. Managment has to follow corporate rules, some staff do not like the changes but its out of the store's hands.

Infinity Nightmare!!

Current Employee - Technician in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Technician in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Shoppers Drug Mart

Pros

The 30% discount is a big plus.

Cons

Low pay. Little recognition for a job well done. The Infinity Program implemented in the pharmacy is a total waste of time. Every technician that I know within SDM is looking elsewhere for work because Infinity has made their lives a living hell. Lack of meal of breaks. Low morale. Greedy Associates.

Advice to Management

Stop this Infinity nonsense and get back to making Customer Service our #1 priority in the pharmacy!! This program was supposed to make our jobs more efficient they said. Bullocks!! Why did Head Office create this overbearing, unrealistic, robotic program? Time will tell if this thing will work for the benefit of employees and customers alike. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful and lucky to have a full-time job with this company considering the state of our economy. Infinity's flaw is that it doesn't take into account how much time we spend on the phone with doctors or patients, the countless OTC questions. We barely have enough time as it is to meet the needs of our customers let alone whether or not Infinity is being followed!!! If for any reason you think otherwise, I invite you to spend a day in the pharmacy and watch your brainchild at work!!