Shopping.com

www.shopping.com

Smart people, fun environment, Inspiring and open management

Pros

I've been working for Shopping.com for the last few years and I can say the company is making more changes and pushing for innovation more than ever in the past. The company defined its strategy and vision a few years ago and since keeps pushing to achieve it. The leadership team keeps challenging us to rethink our business a find ways to re-invent the way people shop online.
The CEO (Andre Haddad) manages to establish an open environment where every employee is informed about everything that is going on with the company and is very open to listen.
I like the people around me. The product team is very strong and organized.

Cons

Wish we could have move faster in some areas. Though as I wrote above we are moving faster than ever in the past.

Keep challenging and pushing us. There is a great conviction in the company that we are going in the right direction and we should all leverage this to get to even higher results.

Other reviews for Shopping.com

Great people and lots of exciting change at this place!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

- is part of big eBay and leverages eBay technology but has as well the advantages of a small company (about 120 people in SF)

- never a dull moment

- fun culture (new hire lunch, show&tell sessions, great parties, etc.)

Cons

- lots of changes in management recently (hopefully for the better)

- new direction (distributed commerce) is promising but not yet 100% clear

Work closer together with eBay technology folks and do not reinvent the wheel

This company is a stepping stone for people who want to move on to bigger and better things.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Brisbane, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brisbane, CA

Pros

Company is small and operates somewhat like a startup but is also part of eBay. You get all the benefits of working for a large tech company with the closeness of working with a small group of people.

Cons

Company culture doesn't really exists. All employees are expected to buy in to the plan or drink the koolaid. If not, they are basically forced out. There seems to be a different strategy every year on turning the company away from the dying Comparison Shopping space. Employees are asked to do "upward feedback" surveys periodically and it is supposedly anonymous, but I've heard management uses this to identify employees who are not "engaged" and quickly force them out.

Culture matters. You will not be able to recruit or keep talent if you do not focus on company culture. Benefits are simply not good enough to keep talented contributors so almost all move on to better things.

There are newer employer reviews for Shopping.com.

Worked for Shopping.com? Contribute to the Community!