Shoprite Supermarkets

www.shoprite.com

fine part time, or second job.

Current Employee - Clerk  in  Flemington, NJ
Current Employee - Clerk in Flemington, NJ

Pros

The management team is friendly. Upbeat High energy store where your shift flies by.

Cons

Little room for advancement. If you think working hard will get you ahead, think again. Horrible health care benefits. The union acts like you are lucky to have a job..recent news letter stated that most employers don't give health insurance to their part time employees. But how many employers have a whole work force putting in 48 hours a week and still consider them "part time"
Don't trust the union. I called the union over a very specific policy that I thought I might benefit from. The next day I over heard my bosses talking about the same issue and ways of making sure the workforce couldn't take advantage of it. Coincidence?

Stop hiding behind the union. Keep your promises.

Other reviews for Shoprite Supermarkets

So much drama and lack of professionalism; it felt like high school.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Mount Laurel, NJ

Pros

Great Benefits
    Steady Raises
    Awesome co-workers (for the most part)
    Decent hours

Cons

"High school cliques" with desk and front end management
    Petty games
    Favoritism
    management disregards all talent and dedication due to favoritism

Stop being biased, promote those who deserve it and commend those employees who try. Be professional.

Perfect job for a busy student not interesting in advancement...

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Monroe, NY
    Former Employee - Cashier in Monroe, NY

Pros

Very flexible hours, they hire younger employees, receive a lot of positive feedback for any extra amount of effort, easy to shine, non-challenging work, union benefits - as a high school senior working at the cash register it was a very good, low stress job that allowed me the flexibility I wanted for my school and social schedule. It was a good first job to introduce students to the working world, gain a sense of responsibility and helped me to develop a professional attitude and hone my people skills.

Cons

Dealing with aggravated customers, no room for creative thinking, low hourly pay rate for first year. While this is a great job for students not looking for a long term commitment, it is a frustrating atmosphere for someone trying to make a living.

Keep in touch with the employees and continue to provide flexibility to those who earn it.

There are newer employer reviews for Shoprite Supermarkets.

Worked for Shoprite Supermarkets? Contribute to the Community!