Shopzilla

www.shopzilla.com
  www.shopzilla.com
There are newer employer reviews for Shopzilla

Positive, progressive and possibly the most fun I've ever had at at job!

Current Employee - Product Manager in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Product Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Shopzilla

Pros

The leadership is innovative and compassionate but also challenging and wants to make sure we enjoy our work environment. My project manager was a hard ass but also worked harder than anyone I'd ever seen and was a total company woman without being a kiss ass. The comments that I see about this company baffle me and can only be from lazy ass people who truly couldn't hack it at this company where they are workaholics and actually expect you to deliver.

Cons

The new owners at times seemed to be only concerned with the bottom line, which if you are an equity investor, which all employees are, is a good thing but then again they need to recognize that the bottom line is because of their dedicated employees who are the talent that make this company what it is. They need to not be too nearsighted less they lose sight of their goals in the end. I think that cutting back, as they did with my job, will eventually hurt them in the end.

See above and appreciate your employees and realize keeping on your talent will, in the end, pay off!

89 Other Employee Reviews for Shopzilla (View Most Recent)

it's not too bad

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Shopzilla

Pros

free food and snacks, casual dress code, fun events

Cons

stuck- up management, no communication.

keep your employees happy. you couldn't do this without us.

Good benefits; Management is territorial and competitive with each other.

Former Employee - Product Manager in West Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Product Manager in West Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Shopzilla

Pros

Great benefits. Free lunch. Great location. Lots of fun company events. Opportunities to take classes and for professional development.

Cons

Poor leadership. The company culture is cliquey and management is more concerned about their own advancement than the growth of the company and employees. The company tries to communicate a fun exciting culture, but at the end of the day, the way employees are treated isn't great.
    The company tends to hire quickly and fire quickly. Aside from a handful of people that have been there for years, most people are in and out quickly.

Don't focus as much on the company parties and really focus on employee development so people stick around.

There are newer employer reviews for Shopzilla