Shopzilla

www.shopzilla.com

Great opportunity

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsTechnical management (and management generally) is very supportive of trying new technologies when a good argument can be made for them. Engineering and business have a good cooperative relationship -- I've never felt that engineering concerns fell on deaf ears from the business folks. Because things do move fast at Shopzilla, engineers at Shopzilla, particularly self-motivated ones, get a lot of opportunities to make an impact on the business. In many ways, it's like a start-up in the pace of change, but with greater stability (and already profitable). Perhaps different from a start-up, there's a healthy mix of seasoned employees and new kids on the block.

Additionally, though like all workplaces, Shopzilla has its cliques, you do not need to participate in them to succeed. I have rarely had the time to schmooze with any of my co-workers, I have a life outside of work with its own demands and being down with the "cool kids" in my workplace is the furthest thing from how I want to spend my time, but I've always felt that there are plenty of opportunities here.

ConsTraffic in West LA sucks. The parking lot is always jam-packed. There is a fair amount of institutional lore that you need to soak up in short order when you start working here. Work is hard, sometimes it makes my brain hurt.

Shopzilla provides a fun place to work but the ratio of QA to dev is unbalanced which makes the QA workload very high.

QA Engineer (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Shopzilla

Pros: *Learn the latest industry trends for QA *Learn many new QA… Cons: *Industry trends implemented are not proven technologies *Each team does non-standard QA practices (makes the ramp up time for transitioning from team to team very high) *High… Advice to Senior Management: Please standardize the QA across teams so there is one unified way of performing QA. QA productivity would be higher if you separated QA… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Stay away, not worth it.

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Shopzilla

Pros: Free lunch, free sodas. Good for contractors. Used to be… Cons: The workload has increased since the company was sold to a private investor a year ago. The new owner is outsourcing the IT organization to… Advice to Senior Management: Stop putting yourself above the people who are earning your… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Shopzilla.

Worked for Shopzilla? Contribute to the Community!