Shopzilla

www.shopzilla.com

Pay attention

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsGreat core group, of the workers who actually care aka the workers and line managers not the executive team.
Social Responsibility they give back to the community
Great Parties
They provide a lunch time variety of lunch specials both hot, cold, and grab it and go and yes it is free as long as you sit at your desk like a worker bee. (nothing is really free, right?)
The other freebie's like fruit, water, soda's and coffee, and it is Starbucks is cool, and the best option really.

ConsPassive Aggressive culture
Leaders don't engage you they talk at you, they are a group of bulldozers and they all fight to be hero's.
There is absolutely no collaboration, at all caution to anyone who thinks they could come in at a leadership role and actually win/win.
Leaders plot and sabotage each other and talk badly behind one another everyone would have knifes sticking out their back like a funny Tim Burton animation movie or better yet beetle juice!
I'm still not sure what the purpose or the direction of the company is since the take over in July 2011? Is it to annoy the B2C shoppers with more pop up windows; so you click them away thinking they will magically disappear? Nope they come back like a bad habit, the more you click the more they make for being an agitator of your time and the tracing of your cookies, to the put they know everything about your spending habits and then some.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink about your end goal and really be open and honest for a change, embrace your values on your web site. Remember leaders actions speaks volumes to your words which have time and time again given or equal to empty promises. Plus, if your goal is to sell say it and make sure people really know why they are coding for hours and hours on a project like a journeyman with a nail and hammer, what are "you" building the same architecture over and over the same legacy code. I wish you well.

Associate analyst

Associate Analyst (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Shopzilla full-time for less than a year

Pros: -Extremely well-organized HR department -Young, fun work environment -At risk of sounding cliche, the… Cons: -Departments rarely interact even when it would be mutually beneficial… Advice to Senior Management: The overall office environment needs to be updated. White, dirty walls with tons of cubicles… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great intern program

Software Engineering Intern (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Shopzilla as an intern for less than a year

Pros: -friendly work environment -delicious free catered food everyday and stocked coolers full of premium drinks -learn an incredible amount about making web applications and the software development… Cons: -lack of adequate company documentation, as the intern program is… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Shopzilla.

Worked for Shopzilla? Contribute to the Community!