There are newer employer reviews for ShoreGroup

Unorganized, Rushed and bad communication skills

I worked at ShoreGroup part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good opportunity, decent pay and ok learning experience

Cons

Unorganized, lack of communication, not very understanding

8 Other Employee Reviews for ShoreGroup (View Most Recent)

Intellectual horsepower

I have been working at ShoreGroup full-time

Pros

The greatest density of truly bright, very hardworking people that I've had the chance to work with.

Cons

Having a legacy of self starters has created a culture of nominal management capability. This has been changing as the staff has expanded but it's still an issue with some legacy people in management roles where they would be better positioned as individual contributors.

The hard driving/smart core team also creates a very binary in/out culture....if you can't hang, it will/should be obvious quickly.

At the current size of ~ 300, it's likely time to put some focus on structuring career development for lower level people and take some real, honest looks at the greater management team regarding who may be better moved to an individual contributor position.

Fast paced environment with lots of opportunity to work with new technologies when you're a TAC Engineer

Current Employee - TAC Engineer  in  Syracuse, NY
    Current Employee - TAC Engineer in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at ShoreGroup full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have plenty of opportunities to learn. I attended the on site Cisco training and received certifications in classes that the company gives in Syracuse office. ShoreGroup supports many big name customers with huge networks, so I get to deal with a lot of different systems. The company is growing quickly and there is the potential to grow with promotions in the TAC center and other technical positions available in company. Engineers I work with are very capable and it is good environment to work in.

Cons

If you aren't dedicated to delivering high customer service, this is not the place for you. Management demands the best every day.

Keep offering the on site training classes. Consider offering more of them.

There are newer employer reviews for ShoreGroup

Worked for ShoreGroup? Contribute to the Community!