There are newer employer reviews for ShoreTel

One of the better companies I worked for as a contractor

Former Employee - Technical Support in Fremont, CA
Former Employee - Technical Support in Fremont, CA

I worked at ShoreTel full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people are the best of coworkers, the work environment wasn't too stressful.

Cons

It was a contractor position, I didn't get a chance to work there longer.

None really

106 Other Employee Reviews for ShoreTel (View Most Recent)

I hope ShoreTel is the last company I ever work for!

Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at ShoreTel as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Awesome collaborative, teamwork environment. Good management - helps employees take ownership. Good advancement opportunities. Strong, growing company. ShoreTel puts out a very good, easy to use product. Salary & Benefit package is very competitive.

Cons

Rapid growth mean lots of changes for the employees. Its sometimes its hard to keep up with everything we have going on.

You are doing a great job with communication from the top down. LOVE the Town Hall meetings each quarter - these really help to keep everyone informed.

Too much bureaucracy, not enough recognition...

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at ShoreTel

Pros

Immediate management tends to do a good job of letting you alone to do your job. The product is fantastic, and there's no better place to learn it than the manufacturer. You can see vestiges of the start-up mentality, but they're fading.

Cons

Management promises seem empty. I was promised a promotion within two years of hire, and so far nothing. Despite holding top 10% productivity scores, politics seems to get in the way. I got a whole lot of flack from coming in +/- 10 minutes from my "official" start time, even though I consistently worked 55+ hours a week, lead the team in customer satisfaction scores, mentor new employees, and write half of the knowledge base. That seems to me to be a confusion of priorities and a lack of recognition of actual work.

Salary is significantly below expectations, thought benefits are decent and stability seems positive. Lots of buzzwords

There's a real vested interest in promoting people and providing mentorship, but it seems hollow; despite all the talk and all the meetings, I've still gone nowhere. The recent acquisition of M5 seems distracting and not inline with our goals - we're a manufacturer, not a service provider, why are we buying in the "cloud" game? Stock price has consistently gone done; that tells me we're doing something wrong, and I can tell you that the rank and file haven't changed. Perhaps, then, it's the way you're running things?

There are newer employer reviews for ShoreTel