Shorewest Realtors

www.shorewest.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Shorewest Realtors

Company where you have all of the support mechanisms to be successful and to serve your clients to the highest degree.

Current Employee - Real Estate Agent in New Berlin, WI
Current Employee - Real Estate Agent in New Berlin, WI

I have been working at Shorewest Realtors full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Leading company in all of Wisconsin. Has the most tools for your career. Great internal training programs to improve your performance.

Cons

Unfortunately, benefits cannot be shared with real estate agents as you are a independent contractor. This is not a negative, it is the same for all realtors, not for support staff.

9 Other Employee Reviews for Shorewest Realtors (View Most Recent)

Shorewest promises you the world but doesn't deliver on any of their promises.

Former Employee - Realtor in Oak Creek, WI
    Former Employee - Realtor in Oak Creek, WI

I worked at Shorewest Realtors

Pros

Shorewest has the market-share in the area that it operates.

Cons

The downsides are they do not fufill any of the promises they make to their new agents. They promised free coaching, free signage, one-on-one mentoring just to name a few things but never delivered. I was told by the office manager in oak creek not to contact the owners for anything. If I had a problem to go to her directly. That is fine but most of the problems were caused by her lack of management skills to begin with. This also totally negates the owners "open-door" policy. I am not sure if the problems I encountered happen at all of the Shorewest offices. I know other agents that started at the same time as me went to different offices and one og them received the coaching that was promised but several of the agents at my office just laughed when I asked them about it. "good luck with that" was their reply. I was also promised signs with my name and pic on it but was charged for them when they arrived. They did give me a paper sign with the word shorwest and an arrow on it. They also make floor time mandatory but have no receptionist to answer the phones. It basically breaks down to you becoming a receptionist 2-3 times a week for 3-4 hours at a time. Other companies require you to be in the building but at least you can work on your listings and such. Shorewest has you sending faxes and answering phones. Hire an administrative person to handle those activities. It is unfair to expect your agents who are paying you to work there to have to perform those types of duties. You also get charged for alot of the services Shorewest offers whether you use them or not. ShorewestTV is a perfect example. I never had an advertisement on it and did not use it in my marketing plan but was still forced to pay for it. This is but one example of MANY charges that I was charged but did not use. Don't be suckered in to joining this firm. Almost every other agent I talked to outside of Shorewest said that I would be better off going elsewhere. They prey on new agents that don't know the ropes. They were right.......

Stop promising the world to prospective agents and tell them the truth!!! You tell people what you think they want to hear when in reality all we want is honesty.

good company ,realtor work not good for family with young kids

Former Employee - Realtor in Janesville, WI
    Former Employee - Realtor in Janesville, WI

I worked at Shorewest Realtors

Pros

make your own hours, no office time required to anwser phones

Cons

as with any realtor sales job you need to be able to leave on a dime to go and show property even later at night when your home with family.

excellent training on computer