Showcase LA Events

There are newer employer reviews for Showcase LA Events

AMAZING

Current Employee - Entry- Level Marketing Assistant in Marina del Rey, CA
Current Employee - Entry- Level Marketing Assistant in Marina del Rey, CA

I have been working at Showcase LA Events full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Showcase LA is a place where you can grow within the company and learn so much! The work environment is young and upbeat. The place is full of motivational leaders! I love to come to work everyday!

Cons

The president of the company says it herself, "This is the worst "job" in the world IF you aren't wanting to get something out of it."

I love everyone in the office and feel there should be more team nights!

8 Other Employee Reviews for Showcase LA Events (View Most Recent)

AKA Smart Circle- LOOK THEM UP!

I have been working at Showcase LA Events

Pros

Good people. I loved the people I worked with. They were encouraging and wonderful to work with. They wanted you to do well, and were willing to teach you a lot. With this kind of sales you do lean how to sell, and sell well. Sales isn't for everyone, true, but that isn't the main source of the turn over. Its just the "other" issues that drive people away.

Cons

Company structure is a MLM. You don't get to own your own part like a traditional MLM until you prove yourself to your uppers. Long hours (8:30am meeting- drive to store. Start Selling and then take down and leave at 8pm), commission only (if you don't make minimum wage, they pay you that for the day but you have to pay it back to the company when you do get commission) and no reimbursement for gas for traveling. They also don't want you to "network across" meaning you shouldn't be speaking to people at your own level. I saw a girl reprimanded multiple times about it, until she was fired. She was simply asking what others did or what they thought about things. They also discourage you from talking to family or friends about the job, or even telling them your real hours. Family "won't understand" and will encourage you to "loose sight of your goals." They also constantly bash "corporate America" and anyone who works for it as being lesser than them. Again- the people are nice, but when they get to management its because they can eat, love, and state verbatim what the corporate wants them to. There is a high turn over in the company, and when someone leaves management gives the idea that they weren't good enough. Even if they did a good job, it is implied they went to go back and be with the sheep. The pay and other aside, its this arrogance that turned me off to the company and made me leave.

Don't make fun of other companies and people who work for other organizations. The idea that you are "better" than others because you work in this organization is straight up hubris. You are driving people away with that attitude, the long hours, and the encouragement to only talk to the manager. MLM's are good for the first people in them, not the last. Don’t hide behind your “training program.” You are a MLM, just like the rest. Own it and be honest about it.

I would never work here

I have been working at Showcase LA Events

Pros

There are none of you are a marketing professional with any experience whatsoever. If you're 17, this is the best job for you.

Cons

What. A. Dump. This place needs a serious makeover.

Post a job listing that tells what the job really is so you don't waste other professionals time. Employees sell products at Costco and danas club. That's it.

There are newer employer reviews for Showcase LA Events