There are newer employer reviews for Shred-it International

Worse company ever to work for

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bensalem, PA
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bensalem, PA

I worked at Shred-it International full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

only good thing was working 4 days a week

Cons

trucks.. management..unorganized..exhausted at the end of the day..no time for breaks

get csm that know the area and did the job before

72 Other Employee Reviews for Shred-it International (View Most Recent)

One of my greatest experiences

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hicksville, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hicksville, NY

I worked at Shred-it International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Easy sale, decent pay, gas allowance, good commissions paid fast. The Hicksville office when I was there was such a tight knit bunch of guys that I wish I were still there. Everyone had each others back, no one poached, no back stabbing

Cons

Being a small branch there was no room to advancement which for someone looking to advance i wouldn't recommend but if being in sales long term is what your looking for then definitely a stable place to be

Large company, narrow vision

I have been working at Shred-it International full-time

Pros

Quality benefits package, including 401k and education reimbursement. In principal, it is a good service with legitimate security benefits to the company's customer base.

Cons

Company is managed by holding investors, and every move is blatantly with the idea of packaging for a future sale. Key layers of management, corporate and branch support have been cut to save salary expense, meaning many employees are being asked to do more and get less in return. Attempts to integrate new technologies have fallen flat due to poor conversion and implementation. Ultimately, most employees are terribly dissatisfied with the recent direction of the company, and customer's are clearly seeing how little they are being valued through each transition.

No advice would matter...it's extremely transparent that the company doesn't seek long-term viability. They are only seeking the best way to package and unload the assets to a willing buyer in the next year or two.

There are newer employer reviews for Shred-it International