Shred-it International

www.shredit.com

A reasonable place to work for a year or two.

Sales (Former Employee)

ProsWorking outside and on your own much of the time. Very good sales managers and district sales managers in my territory. The company is conscientious and does a very good job in the context of the document shredding industry. Very good team work among the sales staff, account management staff and the service managers and service people. On a moment to moment basis it was fairly fun, but you have to enjoy cold calling. For the most part you work 8:00-5:00- you won't be working 'till 7:00 a normal night.

ConsWhen they are interested in hiring you they will quote a salary range for your position and then when you receive the actual offer it will be the exact bottom number in the range. (Advice- tell them "no" and you will usually get more money.) Car allowance is inadequate if you have a geographically large sales territory- you will not receive enough compensation for the miles you drive (but the company keeps on adding fuel surcharges to customers to cover Shred-it's costs.) Salary is adequate for the midwest or smaller cities but if you are married and have kids and live in a major city your spouse will need to work as well. Commission program is not very good. The bonus program is awful. Revolving door for sales people. The sales role was presented to me as hunter role but it's not- it's a farmer/catcher role principally and whether you meet your numbers or not really depends on your territory and whether you will receive enough call in inquiries. (Example: if your territory includes lots of large law firms you will be in a good position. ) The company changes sales strategy with the wind. 1)We always shred on site and our service is worth a premium. 2)A few months later- we will match any price. 3)We are now offering extensive offsite service. Higher service frequency increases revenue. 4)Lower frequency saves us money. Here is the minimum service price.... It never ended- constant often changes in sales guidelines, often completely contradicting the previous guidelines. Lastly, in the regional offices there is really no opportunity for career growth, no next position to aspire to. Competitors are often much less expensive and they do the same thing- they shred paper. (This isn't rocket science.)

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop a better commission plan. Reward your salespeople. Pay a higher base salary and the revolving door my spin much slower. Develop long-term sales guideline which can be counted on by your salespeople.

Great Place to work!!!

Sales Executive (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Shred-it International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Freedom is great and they treat you with respect.. Cons: Service and Billing and owned by investment company... Advice to Senior Management: They're fine...just know that they are controlled by an investment… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Very Enjoyable - Account Executive

Account Executive (Former Employee) Miami, FL

I worked at Shred-it International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Very flexible schedule, Little to no turnover, Diverse co-workers from all walks of life After work team building exercises on Monday's, Tuesday's, Thursday's… Cons: At the end of the day your not curing cancer, your selling a grey box that holds paper. You must come to terms with… Advice to Senior Management: Sales are more important than fake appointments, don't inquire how the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Shred-it International.

Worked for Shred-it International? Contribute to the Community!