Shutterfly

www.shutterfly.com

Growing company with a great work environment that sells fun products

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

Pros- Company successful, stock has doubled in last 12 months, growing quickly (recently acquired key competitors like Kodak Gallery, Tiny Prints and My Publisher)
- Strong leadership team. CEO in particular is passionate about the company and has a strong vision
- Great work environment. Smart, driven people who set aggressive goals and work hard to achieve them. At the same time, work/life balance is good. Very team-oriented (as opposed to cutthroat) and collaborative environment. People here are fun to work with.
- Good opportunities for career growth. Since the company is growing and because there are multiple brands, there are opportunities to shift around and try different things or move to another brand.
- Because we focus on photo-oriented products and are so consumer-oriented, work is way more fun (as opposed to selling widgets)
- Compensation seems as good or better than comparable companies

Cons- If you live in SF, like I do, the commute can be miserable

Advice to Senior Management- Organize shuttle service to and from the city, as more and more talent is choosing to live in the city and commute remotely (e.g., Google, Facebook, EA, etc.)

Not as cool as they think

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Shutterfly full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Profitable company that invests in equipment and automation year over year.… Cons: Management very much a clique and those not in the in crowd are definitely not in the… Advice to Senior Management: None can be given because they are too important and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Exciting Start, Disappointing End

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Redwood City, CA

I worked at Shutterfly for more than 3 years

Pros: Some very nice and smart people Some nice gestures from HR… Cons: High level of politics (one would never imagine the level ! ) Very… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Shutterfly.

Worked for Shutterfly? Contribute to the Community!