Shutterfly

www.shutterfly.com
There are newer employer reviews for Shutterfly

Great people, too bad about the management.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Shutterfly full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Co-located engineering, good salary, flexible schedule. The individuals in the trenches all seem very well intentioned and skilled. Some internal promising technology. Not much dead weight in the engineering team compared with outer large companies I've worked at.

Cons

Not a "get things done" culture- it mostly attribute this to a very conservative management stye. No risk taking, slow to adopt new ideas and new trends. Strategy consists of "more of the same". Some key executives are micromanagers. Too bad, some of the teams are very talented and could just "makes things happen" if not straddled with such a burdensome management culture.

1) Look around at what the market is doing, not just what our current customer base does. 2) Meet less, do more. 3) Clean up the product, its all over the map. Customers notice-I hear it from my friends.

199 Other Employee Reviews for Shutterfly (View Most Recent)

Terrible company

I worked at Shutterfly

Pros

Free snacks and paid overtime
    It will definitely help pay bills

Cons

If you are a CMT contractor or PDT.
    Don't Believe them about being hired on.

All where Let Go.
    They lie and hate the great preformers.

Keep head down and kiss butt, laugh at their stupid jokes and have sex with female managers if they come on to you. Or your fired.

Fix your morals in the phx center

A good place to learn and grow.

Former Employee - Production Designer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Production Designer in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Shutterfly full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The culture is laid back and fun. They celebrate major holidays and birthdays in the office. The perks are free snacks and drinks in the kitchen, as well as promo codes. There are a lot of team building activities, if you like that sort of thing. If there is down time, you get to help out in other departments if needed. This can be interesting because it allows you to see what other departments do.

Cons

The busiest times are during major holidays, like Christmas. Expect to do a lot of overtime between November and December. Be prepared, as it can get very tiring working 12+ hour shifts.

Hire more people for the holidays to avoid working mandatory overtime.

There are newer employer reviews for Shutterfly