There are newer employer reviews for Shutterfly

I enjoy going to work each day.

Current Employee - Manager in Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Shutterfly

Pros

I really liked most of the people. The products are great and the little perks like promo codes, free drinks and discounted snacks are nice. Company wide meetings are held every quarter and over attempts at communication is good.

Cons

Can get to be political. If you are on the wrong side, or don't have the right "friends", it can be hard to advance. Some depts have a lot of turnover and there are limited consequences for repeated mistakes which creates a lack of ownership and responsibility for you work.

it is not all about the new employees, don't forget your more senior ones who have helped you reached the status you are at today

reviews filtered by
  1. Shutterfly Review

I have been working at Shutterfly

Pros

Work/life balance is important at Shutterfly, open communication with executive staff, opportunity to work on a variety of projects, and happy people at Shutterfly.

Cons

Pay and benefits could be more competitive, career growth is slow, planning is slow, sometimes the company acts as a scrappy startup.

All of executive staff should act in a more visionary/inspirational role (similar to Jeff), give more direct/critical feedback to teams throughout the year vs waiting for quarterly reviews, do more to motivate teams.

2. Shutterfly -- A terrific place to work!

I have been working at Shutterfly

Pros

Shutterfly is a great place to work for many reasons, here are just a few:
    - We have a top notch management team that drives company focus on our priorities. This makes it easy to come in every day and say "Is what I'm working on driving the business forward."
    - Unbelievably skilled direct managers and peers. The the ability to plan strategically and execute flawlessly is a characteristic embodied in everyone here.
    - Real focus on development of employees. The quarterly review process makes it easy to set goals and work towards achieving them and rewards are doled out accordingly.
    - Compensation is very competitive and the work/life balance is awesome--especially important if you have a rough commute like I do.

Cons

I do not have any cons as of yet.

No advice to management yet.

There are newer employer reviews for Shutterfly