Good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Shutterfly

Pros

Very informal working environment (e.g. not a dress for success place). Limited politics. Fairly open "open-door" policy. Emphasis is on resolving the issue @ the root cause, not just pointing fingers. Flexible mind-set - limited bureaucracy.

Cons

This is not a $1b+ company with global operations and all of the various issues that one can learn from a $1b+ company. Sometimes best practice processes are not followed.

Advice to Management

Continue to engage employees @ all levels, even if they appear "sefl-sufficient"

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Shutterfly rocks!

Current Employee - Senior Director in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Shutterfly

Pros

We have an incredibly talented group of senior management and employees, and we treat each other with respect. We have a culture that rewards performance and good business thinking and strategy, and not politics. As a company that focuses on helping other create and preserve memories, many of which are related to families, we have great respect for our employees' needs to balance work and family life. It is also just plain fun to work on a product and service that you know makes others' lives happier and better.

Cons

As a medium-sized public company, we have somewhat limited resources to execute all of the great ideas that our team has. So we have to be patient and prioritize, which can be frustrating at times.

Advice to Management

Continue to build our culture, hire great people, and keep us focused on building a great company for years to come.

2. Shutterfly ROCKS!

Current Employee - Final Assembly Lead in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Final Assembly Lead in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Shutterfly

Pros

The best place to work. Great Training and tools provided to allow each one to succed.

Cons

Lunch time is limited to 20 min. could be longer

Advice to Management

Expand lunch to 30 min.