Shutterfly

www.shutterfly.com
  www.shutterfly.com
There are newer employer reviews for Shutterfly

Fun culture, but needs to improve career development system

Current Employee - Manager in Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Shutterfly

Pros

Creative, passionate co-workers who strive hard to create beautiful and good products.
Good work/home life balance.
Believe that employees are the best advocates of the brand and the products - free and discounted products.

Cons

System of promotions is unevenly applied and flawed. System to apply bonuses is flawed.
Not really a culture of telecommuting. Should be more eco-friendly policies and practices.

The system to apply bonuses is just off. Plenty of people do a great job and deserve greater proportion of their bonus --- but other teams erroneously give out 5s, skewing bonus distribution for the rest of the company. Also, HR should be better informed of promotions and talking to the appropriate managers for promotions of the people they supervise. There are those who have be here for over 3 years and have never received a promotion, while those who have been here a year get one right away. I understand that some positions open up and create an opportunity, but there's needs to be a system and plan created that encourages employees to continue to build skills and talents and that career opportunities beyond their currently job title is possible.

191 Other Employee Reviews for Shutterfly (View Most Recent)

This is a five star company! I hope it continues to prosper as it continues to make lasting memories for people.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Shutterfly

Pros

The company just makes you feel special as an employee, the pay is good and the benefits are excellent!

Cons

I like my job so much that I hate to miss work even when I am sick. Don't know if that is a blessing or a curse.

Keep doing what you are doing.

Nice people, but nothing special

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Shutterfly

Pros

The people are usually nice.

Cons

You get the same political B.S. as at any other company - minus the willingness to fire people; thus, truly incompetent / disruptive employees are tolerated for far too long.

Be more willing to fire non-performers.

There are newer employer reviews for Shutterfly