Shutterfly

www.shutterfly.com

Shutterfly rocks!

Current Employee - Senior Director  in  Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Senior Director in Redwood City, CA

Pros

We have an incredibly talented group of senior management and employees, and we treat each other with respect. We have a culture that rewards performance and good business thinking and strategy, and not politics.

As a company that focuses on helping other create and preserve memories, many of which are related to families, we have great respect for our employees' needs to balance work and family life. It is also just plain fun to work on a product and service that you know makes others' lives happier and better.

Cons

As a medium-sized public company, we have somewhat limited resources to execute all of the great ideas that our team has. So we have to be patient and prioritize, which can be frustrating at times.

Continue to build our culture, hire great people, and keep us focused on building a great company for years to come.

Other reviews for Shutterfly

A good place to work, with lots of potential

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Pros

*Smart, passionate and nice people who are committed to developing innovative products
    *Strong management team with solid vision for future company growth
    *Customer centric company
    *Collaborative working environment, no egos
    *Huge strides in the past year to strengthen employee benefits and make Shutterfly a fun place to spend your time

Cons

*Employee development stalls out quickly due to pace and workload
    *Managers need to spend more time on career growth and development to avoid burnout and frustration

Managers need to be held accountable for employee development, otherwise you are going to lose strong talent.

A good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Pros

- Positive work-life balance
    - Perks and rewards such as snacks, fresh fruit, lunches in when working over the lunch hour
    - Good people to work with, high quality, competent
    - Leadership is approachable and cares for it's employees
    - Provide interesting training opportunities, such as presentation skills and photoshop classes

Cons

- Frequent organizational changes result in lack of clarity around promotion path and career trajectory
    - Favoritism within certain groups and preference given to certain groups/managers
    - Can be tough to navigate the political landmines at times

- Be sure that all groups, no matter how big or small, are treated equitably
    - Be sure managers have a set career path for their direct reports so that we minimize employee attrition

There are newer employer reviews for Shutterfly.

Worked for Shutterfly? Contribute to the Community!