SiRF Technology
www.sirf.com San Jose, CA 500 to 999 Employees

Wheat and the Chaff

Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at SiRF Technology full-time for more than a year

ProsThis company has the best WiFi technology in the world. They have recent design wins and now begin shipping with the biggest carrier in North America by beating the big guys. There is a core group of engineers who are astonishing, positive and it's a privilege to be part of that.

ConsClearly the highest performing WiFi for HD Video throughout homes. But the product originally pushed was very costly and the SW was not ready.

A long struggle that's not over to take great technology and turn it into good products.

Management has pressed hard to only hire and retain the best engineers who have the right skill set, character and dedication. Most of the sour grapes folks and C players have been let go as you can see from the reviews of former employees.

Management is sometimes frugal to the point of pain and loss of productivity.

Advice to Senior ManagementLighten up, pay folks better and invest in the future.

Not good.

Senior Scientist (Current Employee)
San Jose, CA

I have been working at SiRF Technology

Pros: Great technology and engineers with lot of facilities. Cons: Not well managed. Should concentrate on the strength. Advice to Senior Management: Be more realistic. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

"Just because everything is different doesn't mean anything has changed." - Irene Peter

San Jose, CA

I have been working at SiRF Technology

Pros: Used to be because SiRF was a market leader -… Cons: Downside? Poor stock performance, poor benefits, long working hours, uncoordinated… Advice to Senior Management: Be more organized, make the right decisions, allow the right… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on SiRF Technology.

Worked for SiRF Technology? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SiRF Technology reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SiRF Technology CEO Dado Banatao. All reviews posted anonymously by SiRF Technology employees.