There are newer employer reviews for SideCar

Great idea, changing the world!

Former Employee - City Manager  in  San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - City Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at SideCar full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working with really smart people on a great idea. Top notch dev.

Cons

Lack of management and internal culture was excruciating.

Put people on projects that are sharpen their strengths instead of putting "manager hats" on people based on tenure and brown nosing.

11 Other Employee Reviews for SideCar (View Most Recent)

A great place to work where you can really make a difference.

I have been working at SideCar full-time

Pros

Sidecar is a small company that's making an increasingly large impact on the world. This gives individual employees a unique opportunity to make a huge difference. The transportation space itself presents incredibly interesting problems and the Sidecar team is well-equipped to solve them. It's an honor to work with such smart and dedicated people every day.

Cons

The highly-competitive nature of the ridesharing space can lead to a lot of stress. There's a lot of discouraging noise in the Silicon Valley that makes it tough to stay focused as an individual and as a team. Our competitors have massive marketing budgets which make our lives difficult.

Find a way to ramp up our marketing. Our products are superior to those of our competitors, but most people don't realize that. Additionally, steeper growth would increase employee NPS/retention and allow the engineering team to spend more time fixing existing bugs/scale issues rather than constantly having to re-invent everything.

Sidecar is building something really different and awesome

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SideCar full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Transportation is a HUGE market, and in the middle of profound disruption enabled by Technology;
    - Sidecar created the concept of rideshare and has been at the forefront of innovation since then;
    - I found it great to be in a company that is having so much impact on people every day lives;
    - I also love the fact Sidecar is constantly innovating and trying new ideas to better serve customers and differentiate vs. Uber and Lyft; makes my job really rewarding and exciting;
    - Overall, I find that the teams are very much aligned towards the same goals and working well together
    - I love the fact everyone in the company is using the product regularly and has a strong passion for it; I haven't seen such a commitment in other companies I worked at;

Cons

- Because it is such a big opportunity, transportation is a VERY competitive market; our competitors have deep pockets which makes it sometimes difficult to compete;
    - Sidecar is definitely a start-up, so there is a lot of work and things can get pretty intense.

- Continue to push innovation/differentiation;
    - Continue to take the take the pulse of the organization every quarter;
    - Invest in more team activities and the company's culture;

There are newer employer reviews for SideCar

Worked for SideCar? Contribute to the Community!