There are newer employer reviews for Sidley Austin

Intense amount of work

Former Employee - Associate  in  Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Associate in Chicago, IL

I worked at Sidley Austin full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very classy and high end intriguing projects working with people with exceptional legal skills and talent

Cons

Disappointing growth potential, focus seemed mismatched

Sometimes find a reason to find a home for an exceptional attorney who has been led astrayl

66 Other Employee Reviews for Sidley Austin (View Most Recent)

Overall great place to work, IT organization has very weak leadership

Former Employee - IT Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - IT Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Sidley Austin

Pros

Good benefits, very reasonable when it comes to work-life balance, gym on-site, private cafeteria, projects can be challenging, opportunities to develop technical skills.

Cons

Senior IT leadership is out of touch. A lot of in-fighting, and many people in IT came from a different law firm at the same time, resulting in a very stagnant workplace as far as career advancement is concerned. There are the favored teams, and everyone else. If you're not on one of those teams, it's almost like you don't exist. I worked there for over 2.5 years, and I would guess 75% of senior management couldn't pick me out of lineup even though I saw then on a daily basis.

CIO is more concerned with pleasing partners then creating a world-class IT organization. The trickle-down effect from this is destroying the organization. Focus on building a sustainable, modern infrastructure and then tackle the more advanced projects.

I would strongly advise the Executive Committee to bring in outside consultants to review employees and determine competency of existing personnel (including senior IT management). There are many talented people in the organization, but there are a number of critical roles (managerial and staff) that are currently occupied by unqualified personnel that cause more harm than good.

I loved it

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Sidley Austin

Pros

The people I worked with were awesome
    Fun environment

Cons

no control over the images put onto the laptops
    higherups dont listen

There are newer employer reviews for Sidley Austin

Worked for Sidley Austin? Contribute to the Community!