Siemens Energy

www.energy.siemens.com
  www.energy.siemens.com
There are newer employer reviews for Siemens Energy

Great social culture, stable working environment, large corporation and bureaucracy

Current Employee - Product Marketing Specialist in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Product Marketing Specialist in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Siemens Energy full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The social culture is active, with lots of extra curricular, and regular working colleges. the majority of positions at Siemens don't demand 60+ hour weeks however to be a star you'll need to put in your time. New hire training programs, especially for College grads are well planed and executed even better. Benefits are great, and the pressure is average.

Cons

Being a large corporation the internal politics get in the way of productivity. Secondly career mentoring isn't the greatest, to be recognized as an above average employee isn't difficult - to be recognized as a star takes a lot of time, patients, politics, and confidence (much like most companies I imagine). Base Salary is below the market - and there are a lot of ppl working here.

Trim the fat, praise the hard workers, Keep an I on the market value of employees.

210 Other Employee Reviews for Siemens Energy (View Most Recent)

Challenging and professionally stimulating company to work for.

Former Employee - Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Siemens Energy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The management and engineering teams are talented and diverse. The environment is professionally stimulating. Diversity was apparent at all levels of the organization. A premium is placed on delivering reliability and performance in our product and customer experience. Great benefits. Well resourced company. An annual Technician's Conference is held in 3 regions of the US (focusing on training, company strategy, and sharing of ideas)!

Cons

Aligning the Siemens Wind (formerly Bonus Energy) way of doing business with the Siemens corporate way is challenging. My work site was hours away from my home in NW Washington State (not a criticism of the company, but I share this information because this was the only reason I chose to leave Siemens).

None.

Great Potential, older employees sometimes prevent change

Current Employee - Engineer I in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Engineer I in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Siemens Energy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Challenging and interesting work, great work/life balance, great pay and benefits, job security, easy to move laterally, good network for young engineers

Cons

-Job security (there are some that make great efforts to put in little effort), resistant to change, everything that comes with being a large company, less opportunity for travel (the fun kind of travel), 'academic' has a bad connotation

Cut the fat, be open to new methods, increase focus on R&D

There are newer employer reviews for Siemens Energy