Exciting at first until you realize the company has not changed since the 50's

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in DFW, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in DFW, TX

Pros

Good benefits package, many employees with 15+ years with the company, helpful within my own department, charitable contributions, fairly quick hiring process

Cons

I could not believe the amount of politics, it is literally nauseating. If you desire ANY type of management position be prepared to brown nose until your lips fall off. 95% of management positions are held by men, regardless if there is a more qualified woman. Also, do not expect to stay in one management position for more than three years. I was so excited to work there until I realized the morals of most management. It is truly disturbing. There is infighting between departments that MUST stop.

Advice to Management

Acknowledge the people that work hard to better the company. We should not have to grovel for recognition. Morale is low. We truly want Siemens to succeed so please stop reminding us how poorly the market is and acknowledge the fact that we are the only reason there is still a company at all.

Other Employee Reviews for Siemens Energy & Automation

Good

Current Employee - Engineering Specialist in Beltsville, MD
    Current Employee - Engineering Specialist in Beltsville, MD

Pros

The pay and benefits are the best reasons.

Cons

The corporate management getting involved in local branches.

Advice to Management

The local management does a good job.

Stuck at the starting line

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Pros

great benefits package, 20 days paid time off, good manager, current leadership beyond the middle management level is forward leaning, inventive, creative, and has the appearance that they genuinly care.

Cons

no upward or lateral mobility, little to no training, inbreeding is significant, very little knowledge sharing among groups, little interest in moving beyond the status quo. Most issues are middle management issues, not top or bottom issues.