Siemens Energy & Automation

Exciting at first until you realize the company has not changed since the 50's

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in DFW, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in DFW, TX

I have been working at Siemens Energy & Automation

Pros

Good benefits package, many employees with 15+ years with the company, helpful within my own department, charitable contributions, fairly quick hiring process

Cons

I could not believe the amount of politics, it is literally nauseating. If you desire ANY type of management position be prepared to brown nose until your lips fall off. 95% of management positions are held by men, regardless if there is a more qualified woman. Also, do not expect to stay in one management position for more than three years. I was so excited to work there until I realized the morals of most management. It is truly disturbing. There is infighting between departments that MUST stop.

Acknowledge the people that work hard to better the company. We should not have to grovel for recognition. Morale is low. We truly want Siemens to succeed so please stop reminding us how poorly the market is and acknowledge the fact that we are the only reason there is still a company at all.

154 Other Employee Reviews for Siemens Energy & Automation (View Most Recent)

Good

Current Employee - Engineering Specialist in Beltsville, MD
    Current Employee - Engineering Specialist in Beltsville, MD

I have been working at Siemens Energy & Automation

Pros

The pay and benefits are the best reasons.

Cons

The corporate management getting involved in local branches.

The local management does a good job.

Great opportunities until the recession hit.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Siemens Energy & Automation

Pros

World class products and engineering expertise are the main attractions. Corporate management from Germany provides the business acumen and forward thinking metrics that enables Siemens to be participants in new, emerging and developing markets.

Cons

The Corporate culture is very silo oriented even when the negative aspects of such a structure are acknowledged by the highest levels of management. They have recently re-structured to minimize the internal competitive nature of such a structure and time will tell if it is a success.

Value the top performers even during the recession. Cutbacks have been made that are detrimental to the overall success of the corporate objectives. While it is anticipated that the second tier players will rise to the challenge and become top performers, the real results are that they are completely overwhelmed by the work load and extra burdens thrust upon them. Burn out and apathy will be the results for the majority of them.

There are newer employer reviews for Siemens Energy & Automation