Siemens Energy & Automation

www.sea.siemens.com

Exciting at first until you realize the company has not changed since the 50's

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  DFW, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in DFW, TX

Pros

Good benefits package, many employees with 15+ years with the company, helpful within my own department, charitable contributions, fairly quick hiring process

Cons

I could not believe the amount of politics, it is literally nauseating. If you desire ANY type of management position be prepared to brown nose until your lips fall off. 95% of management positions are held by men, regardless if there is a more qualified woman. Also, do not expect to stay in one management position for more than three years. I was so excited to work there until I realized the morals of most management. It is truly disturbing. There is infighting between departments that MUST stop.

Acknowledge the people that work hard to better the company. We should not have to grovel for recognition. Morale is low. We truly want Siemens to succeed so please stop reminding us how poorly the market is and acknowledge the fact that we are the only reason there is still a company at all.

Other reviews for Siemens Energy & Automation

Great opportunities until the recession hit.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Pros

World class products and engineering expertise are the main attractions. Corporate management from Germany provides the business acumen and forward thinking metrics that enables Siemens to be participants in new, emerging and developing markets.

Cons

The Corporate culture is very silo oriented even when the negative aspects of such a structure are acknowledged by the highest levels of management. They have recently re-structured to minimize the internal competitive nature of such a structure and time will tell if it is a success.

Value the top performers even during the recession. Cutbacks have been made that are detrimental to the overall success of the corporate objectives. While it is anticipated that the second tier players will rise to the challenge and become top performers, the real results are that they are completely overwhelmed by the work load and extra burdens thrust upon them. Burn out and apathy will be the results for the majority of them.

Stuck at the starting line

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Pros

great benefits package, 20 days paid time off, good manager, current leadership beyond the middle management level is forward leaning, inventive, creative, and has the appearance that they genuinly care.

Cons

no upward or lateral mobility, little to no training, inbreeding is significant, very little knowledge sharing among groups, little interest in moving beyond the status quo. Most issues are middle management issues, not top or bottom issues.

There are newer employer reviews for Siemens Energy & Automation.

Worked for Siemens Energy & Automation? Contribute to the Community!