Siemens Energy & Automation

Good place, but Germany rules

Former Employee - Business Manager in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Business Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Siemens Energy & Automation

Pros

Learning & development processes, general care for people

Cons

If there is a German who needs development / opportunity, they are ahead of you in the line

When will Siemens get an American on its board?

154 Other Employee Reviews for Siemens Energy & Automation (View Most Recent)

Stable, but cheap company

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Downers Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Downers Grove, IL

I worked at Siemens Energy & Automation

Pros

If you are 40 y.o. +, than this place is just fine. Job is easy and responsibilities are limited.

Cons

I wanted more challenges from my job and more money. Siemens is a huge company where things move slowly, you find yourself to be a tiny fish in the ocean. What frustrates most is decisions made on the very top that affect the whole departments and nothing you can do about it. For example, company wants to save on office space and relocates everyone one day without asking employees opinion. Also company did a poor HR job, software engineers were hired just to fill positions ASAP. If you travel on business, you will get a cap on spending, no alcohol expense and mid-to-low end hotel, like La Quinta. These factors add to the general feel of cheapness of the company.

Money saving steps, are necessary, but employees should be compensated somehow when the company saved a lot and posts great profits. Also, it would be great to make changes in the management to add community feel to the department. Health lifestyle initiatives: my friend at Chase told me he gets some bonus points for exercising at the gym. If the office location away from the public transit, at least to bring up the topic of picking up employees from to/from work. Yearly reviews are pointless: no matter how you perform, your increase is limited by the allocated budget and company guidelines.

You are just a number, if you do not get results, you will be replaced.

Current Employee - Senior Quality Engineer in Elgin, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Quality Engineer in Elgin, IL

I have been working at Siemens Energy & Automation

Pros

money, benefits, and the backstabbing

Cons

Poor Work Life Balance, All important decisions are made in Headquarters not in the US

Stop treating everyone like a number.

There are newer employer reviews for Siemens Energy & Automation