Siemens Energy & Automation

Excellent Technology Company in a Declining Market

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Arlington, TX
Former Employee - Software Engineer in Arlington, TX

I worked at Siemens Energy & Automation

Pros

The location and the people who work at Siemens are Phenomenal! The management are mostly engineerings which makes a big difference in how they treat the employees and their understanding of the work. They communicate well with the employees, even if what they have to say is often not what we wanted to hear.

Cons

There is something of a glass ceiling there. Many employees have been there for many years and do not intend to promote into management, which means that those who are younger have no-where to grow into. Also, the market served by this division's expertise is declining which put some pressure on the company and contributed to my looking elsewhere.

Provide greater incentive and opportunity for young engineers to be promoted. You do a great job of providing technical training, but the opportunity for growth is limited.

154 Other Employee Reviews for Siemens Energy & Automation (View Most Recent)

Siemens Energy and Automation

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

I have been working at Siemens Energy & Automation

Pros

The chance to work as part of a team. Enjoyed the travel and interaction with customers. Enjoyed the challenge of the job.

Cons

Managements seeming unwillingness to support employee suggestions even though they were solicited. Very few chances for women to advance to management positions. Strict adherence to management chain of command.

Consider women as part of management. We are just as capable as our male counterparts. Employees are the backbone of any company. Since they do most of the work their voice is an important part of the company's continued success.

ohhh the training

I have been working at Siemens Energy & Automation

Pros

hourly pay.the people you work with.nice sized cubicle.,air conditioned,near alot of restaurants,and they have people come in and cook,like jersey mikes.

Cons

No formal training,they sit you with a co-worker and you watch them,they dont say take notes,I kept waiting on a formal training.the one day formal training came after i was thrown to the wolves so to speak for a week.then if you dont know the answer to something they want you to go into group chat and see if someone can help you.

na