Siemens
www.siemens.com Munich, Germany 5000+ Employees

Great company to work for, but don't expect the greatest benefits or any large raises

IT Solutons Manager (Current Employee)
Reston, VA

I have been working at Siemens

ProsIt is a small company and there is room to grow. You will be challenged to make a name for yourself, but once you do you will be called on again and and again. The company is stable and if you are a technical person, then your job will be secure as long as they keep winning contracts.

ConsThey are CHEAP! Yes, they will promote you, give you praise, use you as a subject matter expert repeatedly... but when it comes to giving out raises, SGS is as stingy as they get. I've heard stories of people promoted to Program Manager positions who have been told that they will get no raise until they prove themselves! Well, why give them the promotion if they haven't already proved themselves??

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being so cheap and start listening to your employees. You took a survey almost a year ago and NOTHING has been done to improve our benefits.

SBT is a great place to learn

Specialist/engineer (Former Employee)
Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at Siemens

Pros: Siemens has an extensive internal training program, and they are willing to invest in training from out side resources. I was able to develop skills… Cons: SBT made the mistake of empowering employees, but not paying accordingly. For a company that invests so heavily in training, SBT did not do a… Advice to Senior Management: Carefully evaluate your employees. More

SBT what happened?????

Engineer (Current Employee)
Buffalo Grove, IL

I have been working at Siemens

Pros: The working conditions are above average for the area. The pay is comparable to the… Cons: The good old boys club is alive and well. If you are a female… Advice to Senior Management: Start looking at innovation within the organization and not just follow the lead from Europe. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Siemens.

Worked for Siemens? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Siemens reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Siemens CEO Joe Kaeser. All reviews posted anonymously by Siemens employees.