Siemens

www.siemens.com
  www.siemens.com
There are newer employer reviews for Siemens

Great company to work for, but don't expect the greatest benefits or any large raises

Current Employee - IT Solutons Manager in Reston, VA
Current Employee - IT Solutons Manager in Reston, VA

I have been working at Siemens

Pros

It is a small company and there is room to grow. You will be challenged to make a name for yourself, but once you do you will be called on again and and again. The company is stable and if you are a technical person, then your job will be secure as long as they keep winning contracts.

Cons

They are CHEAP! Yes, they will promote you, give you praise, use you as a subject matter expert repeatedly... but when it comes to giving out raises, SGS is as stingy as they get. I've heard stories of people promoted to Program Manager positions who have been told that they will get no raise until they prove themselves! Well, why give them the promotion if they haven't already proved themselves??

Stop being so cheap and start listening to your employees. You took a survey almost a year ago and NOTHING has been done to improve our benefits.

866 Other Employee Reviews for Siemens (View Most Recent)

SBT is a great place to learn

Former Employee - Specialist/Engineer in Virginia Beach, VA
    Former Employee - Specialist/Engineer in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at Siemens

Pros

Siemens has an extensive internal training program, and they are willing to invest in training from out side resources. I was able to develop skills in many areas of electrical and HVAC engineering. My immediate supervisor gave me many opportunities for growth, and I took full advantage of those opportunities. The office staff was generally very kind, considerate, and a joy to work with. There were some highly effective people working at SBT and I learned volumes from them.

Cons

SBT made the mistake of empowering employees, but not paying accordingly. For a company that invests so heavily in training, SBT did not do a good job of retaining qualified engineers. I believe management underestimated the importance of compensation that you can take home and put in the bank (i.e. NOT bonus “points” or discounts, or a pat on the back).

Carefully evaluate your employees.

All companies have some good qualities

Current Employee - Senior Staff Engineer in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Staff Engineer in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Siemens

Pros

Global Company that requires one to work with people worldwide. This leads to a better understanding of the global marketplace and different perspectives. New CEO Reid -Anderson has good ideas and is a good communicator.
    Resource constraints require working on a lot of different projects simultaneously. which can be both a pro and a con depending on ones perspective.

Cons

Crappy compensation! Not enough people to meet commitments so long hours with unreasonable commitments leading to less than perfect results. German Leadership does not understand cultural differences in the US. The company forces global development without understand the pros and cons.

Fair pay and life work balance attained by managing realistic commitments. Management should be based on local cultural requirements, not only the German perspective

There are newer employer reviews for Siemens