Siemens

Very corporate environment.

Current Employee - Control Engineer in Beltsville, MD
Current Employee - Control Engineer in Beltsville, MD

I have been working at Siemens

Pros

Good benefits and a company vehicle are very nice. Some very good people work here.

Cons

Really wish I could work from home. In my opinion, this isn't a very desirable location to live in so most people commute from 1 hr + away. I hate commutes so this is kind of a big deal for me.
Salary seems low for the area. I couldn't afford any decent housing in the DC area with my salary.

Option to work from home a few days a week would be nice.
I am an engineer that does PM work. I knowthe PMs get bonuses on their jobs that perform well, but I won't see any bonuses because I'm not a PM, even though I am doing the same work. Seems unfair.

972 Other Employee Reviews for Siemens (View Most Recent)

A reliable, conservative company where change is slow yet it is armed with untapped talent potential.

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Siemens

Pros

Global, international company. Strong focus on sustainability and optimization of broad portfolio and harmonization of processes & systems.

Cons

Change is slow since the large majority of directives comes from global headquarter in Germany. Executive leadership jobs and management positions are still largely non-representative of the minority landscape that makes the US a great country.

Aggressively work on a strategic diversity plan that will be clearly represented and seen at the executive level and senior level management. Purposely seek to change the face of Siemens Industry in the US and worldwide.

Good experience and great place to start your career

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Siemens

Pros

Diversity of people, multiple opportunities available for work, good career options, well experienced senior leadership, opportunity to grown within Siemens

Cons

German management heavy at top, work life balance not really existing, telecommuting depends on manager, ever-changing and evolving environment, constantly reshuffling.

More employee interaction, encourage diversity of people in senior management, standardize HR policies, encourage alumni to come back as it saves training time.

There are newer employer reviews for Siemens