It was a very desirable experience. All the colleagues were very nice and helpful.

Current Employee - Electronics R&D Intern  in  Knoxville, TN
Current Employee - Electronics R&D Intern in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Siemens

Pros

Working time is very flexible. The managers are very helpful and kindly communicating with the employees. The job is quite stable, as Siemens usually has one big plan made for 10 years. People can benefit from the enough time to make schedule and design reviews. Besides, as a giant in every important fields, Siemens runs quite stably, and there is no worry about losing a design job during tough economy environment.

Cons

For some people, it is not that desirable working place since it's very stable. New ideas will not be very quite implemented since there are too many issues to be considered in a giant company...

Get more technical people to support, such as the support on CAD tools.

Other Reviews for Siemens

Very corporate environment.

Current Employee - Control Engineer  in  Beltsville, MD
    Current Employee - Control Engineer in Beltsville, MD

I have been working at Siemens

Pros

Good benefits and a company vehicle are very nice. Some very good people work here.

Cons

Really wish I could work from home. In my opinion, this isn't a very desirable location to live in so most people commute from 1 hr + away. I hate commutes so this is kind of a big deal for me.
    Salary seems low for the area. I couldn't afford any decent housing in the DC area with my salary.

Option to work from home a few days a week would be nice.
    I am an engineer that does PM work. I knowthe PMs get bonuses on their jobs that perform well, but I won't see any bonuses because I'm not a PM, even though I am doing the same work. Seems unfair.

A reliable, conservative company where change is slow yet it is armed with untapped talent potential.

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Siemens

Pros

Global, international company. Strong focus on sustainability and optimization of broad portfolio and harmonization of processes & systems.

Cons

Change is slow since the large majority of directives comes from global headquarter in Germany. Executive leadership jobs and management positions are still largely non-representative of the minority landscape that makes the US a great country.

Aggressively work on a strategic diversity plan that will be clearly represented and seen at the executive level and senior level management. Purposely seek to change the face of Siemens Industry in the US and worldwide.

There are newer employer reviews for Siemens.

Worked for Siemens? Contribute to the Community!