There are newer employer reviews for Siemens

It was a very desirable experience. All the colleagues were very nice and helpful.

Current Employee - Electronics R&D Intern  in  Knoxville, TN
Current Employee - Electronics R&D Intern in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Siemens

Pros

Working time is very flexible. The managers are very helpful and kindly communicating with the employees. The job is quite stable, as Siemens usually has one big plan made for 10 years. People can benefit from the enough time to make schedule and design reviews. Besides, as a giant in every important fields, Siemens runs quite stably, and there is no worry about losing a design job during tough economy environment.

Cons

For some people, it is not that desirable working place since it's very stable. New ideas will not be very quite implemented since there are too many issues to be considered in a giant company...

Get more technical people to support, such as the support on CAD tools.

789 Other Employee Reviews for Siemens (View Most Recent)

Great work environment but weak senior leadership

Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive  in  Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Detroit, MI

I worked at Siemens

Pros

Smart people, lots of resources, good reputation, strong local (branch) management

Cons

Senior management just didn't get it, made life miserable for my supervisors. Hard to sell and deliver with broken processes and weak senior leadership.

Basic processes are broken; employee onboarding, quoting tools, account management tools and most surprisingly the ability to order, track and deliver material. SBT has core process issues that are overcome only by heroic, daily efforts at the branch level.

Very corporate environment.

Current Employee - Control Engineer  in  Beltsville, MD
    Current Employee - Control Engineer in Beltsville, MD

I have been working at Siemens

Pros

Good benefits and a company vehicle are very nice. Some very good people work here.

Cons

Really wish I could work from home. In my opinion, this isn't a very desirable location to live in so most people commute from 1 hr + away. I hate commutes so this is kind of a big deal for me.
    Salary seems low for the area. I couldn't afford any decent housing in the DC area with my salary.

Option to work from home a few days a week would be nice.
    I am an engineer that does PM work. I knowthe PMs get bonuses on their jobs that perform well, but I won't see any bonuses because I'm not a PM, even though I am doing the same work. Seems unfair.

There are newer employer reviews for Siemens

Worked for Siemens? Contribute to the Community!