There are newer employer reviews for Siemens

Great work environment but weak senior leadership

Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive  in  Detroit, MI
Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Detroit, MI

I worked at Siemens

Pros

Smart people, lots of resources, good reputation, strong local (branch) management

Cons

Senior management just didn't get it, made life miserable for my supervisors. Hard to sell and deliver with broken processes and weak senior leadership.

Basic processes are broken; employee onboarding, quoting tools, account management tools and most surprisingly the ability to order, track and deliver material. SBT has core process issues that are overcome only by heroic, daily efforts at the branch level.

793 Other Employee Reviews for Siemens (View Most Recent)

Very corporate environment.

Current Employee - Control Engineer  in  Beltsville, MD
    Current Employee - Control Engineer in Beltsville, MD

I have been working at Siemens

Pros

Good benefits and a company vehicle are very nice. Some very good people work here.

Cons

Really wish I could work from home. In my opinion, this isn't a very desirable location to live in so most people commute from 1 hr + away. I hate commutes so this is kind of a big deal for me.
    Salary seems low for the area. I couldn't afford any decent housing in the DC area with my salary.

Option to work from home a few days a week would be nice.
    I am an engineer that does PM work. I knowthe PMs get bonuses on their jobs that perform well, but I won't see any bonuses because I'm not a PM, even though I am doing the same work. Seems unfair.

A reliable, conservative company where change is slow yet it is armed with untapped talent potential.

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Siemens

Pros

Global, international company. Strong focus on sustainability and optimization of broad portfolio and harmonization of processes & systems.

Cons

Change is slow since the large majority of directives comes from global headquarter in Germany. Executive leadership jobs and management positions are still largely non-representative of the minority landscape that makes the US a great country.

Aggressively work on a strategic diversity plan that will be clearly represented and seen at the executive level and senior level management. Purposely seek to change the face of Siemens Industry in the US and worldwide.

There are newer employer reviews for Siemens

Worked for Siemens? Contribute to the Community!