There are newer employer reviews for Siemens

Complete change of responsibility with a change of managers

Former Employee - Accounting Department in Buffalo Grove, IL
Former Employee - Accounting Department in Buffalo Grove, IL

I worked at Siemens full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

My first manager was awesome who defined my role completely and for whom I performed well. My manager had all the qualities you look for in a leader: patient, organized, and excellent communication skills. He expected a lot out of me and taught me to expect more of myself.

Cons

My second manager was a total crack and assumed I performed the role I was assigned to plus the role of the level above me and offered no training to performed those duties. I was put on evaluation and I was being evaluated at the level above my position as defined by my previous manager. It was assigned that I had to explain variances that were never explained by those at the level above me and I really had no one to turn to. At that point, I realized this manager was the exact opposite of the previous manager and I had no desire to work for them.

Allow employees an opportunity to evaluate their managers and give it more weight. Since I've been away, I've learned the skills I would have needed to keep my job. I have been in touch with my previous coworkers and the variances that they were seeking to explain still exist. I would share my knowledge, but it gives me satisfaction to think my last manager is still struggling.

820 Other Employee Reviews for Siemens (View Most Recent)

Well balanced portfolio poised to attain profitable growth.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Siemens

Pros

Great benefits
    Good career opportunities
    Sustainable Organization
    Good work/life balance
    Overall the organization offers great benefits and competitive pay and is a stable organization

Cons

Competitive Salaries
    Large Organization
    Cumbersome Processes and Quality Checks
    Overall it can be difficult to navigate the company and network for career advancement

Offer competitive compensation when promoting from within. Company has a policy of only offering a modest increase in pay when promoting employees even though that might not be the market rate.

This is how it's supposed to be

Current Employee - Fire and Security Technician in Pensacola, FL
    Current Employee - Fire and Security Technician in Pensacola, FL

I have been working at Siemens

Pros

I guess that the deciding factor that makes Siemens a great place to work probably depends largely on the person running the branch. I used to read these reviews, and would come across one like I am about to write and say to myself, "I hate that guy". But since I have been here ( seven months) I actually look foreward to coming to work again. Here at my branch we have Complete professional freedom when it comes to scheduling your work, and how you perform your work. I mean, who knows about the tasks to be done, and how to coordinate them with the customer better than the person that does it every day? I came from SimplexGrinnell, and after ten years of seing how they did things, I can assure you that running a branch office how this one is being ran is the reason that our customer ratings here are WORLD CLASS. Period. We have a very talented team, and our growth rate here is unbelievable. But here's the catch; you have to be the kind of person that can get things done, and not the type who is not motivated and just lets stuff fall through the cracks.

Cons

Very little feedback from management about job performance (good or bad).

Keep it up. Keep letting us do what we do without micro-managing us. You get ALOT more productivity out of us this way because we stay happier. And when we are happier, we do a ton more than what is required of us. Common sense, huh? My last employer just could'nt grasp that concept, though. And it rotted the office from the inside out.

There are newer employer reviews for Siemens