Siemens
www.siemens.com Munich, Germany 5000+ Employees

Great company to work for, if you do not work for the North Florida locations

Project Manager (Former Employee)
Gainesville, FL

I worked at Siemens full-time for more than 5 years

ProsSiemens Bdg. Technologies, formerly Landis & Staefa, formerly Landis & Gyr, formerly MCC Powers, is a great company and they make great products. They also offer excellent training and documentation. The corporate management does a lot to try to be a great company.

ConsThe local Florida offices are a joke. They only care about the bottom line, not the employees, many of whom do not even have a college degree. If you are in good with the managers, you have it made. If you work at a satellite office, you are in for a lot of grief, unless all your jobs end with a 35-40% gross profit margin. The FL office managers do not care about the employees or their needs, whether you have training or not, whether you are happy or not, whether your job conditions are safe or not. They don't really care whether the customers are happy or whether the jobs are installed properly, or even meet NEC codes. If you can cut corners and get away with it you are rewarded.
Also, you will be more successful if you play golf well, as the managers like to leave the office for hours at a time and go play golf rather than manage their offices.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on customer service and quality. Go back and rehire some of the folks you burned in the past who did a great job, but you treated them like dirt. They were the ones who made your customers happy. If you want to spend all your time at the golf course, make sure there are others who can make important decisions in your absence.

Complete change of responsibility with a change of managers

Accounting Department (Former Employee)
Buffalo Grove, IL

I worked at Siemens full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: My first manager was awesome who defined my role completely and for whom I performed well. My manager had all the qualities you look… Cons: My second manager was a total crack and assumed I performed the role I was assigned to plus the role of the level above me… Advice to Senior Management: Allow employees an opportunity to evaluate their managers and give it more weight. Since I've been away, I've learned the skills I would have needed… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great Company / Great People / Great Products / Mediocre Management

Engineering Manager (Current Employee)
Hoffman Estates, IL

I have been working at Siemens full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: - Siemens MI is probably the best team in the entire industry that pioneered technologies in the past but also continues to… Cons: - current management team lacks vision and leadership experience and is destroying what was build up over the last 10 years - lack of decision making… Advice to Senior Management: Pack your stuff up and move back to Germany! More

There are newer reviews on Siemens.

Worked for Siemens? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Siemens reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Siemens CEO Joe Kaeser. All reviews posted anonymously by Siemens employees.