There are newer employer reviews for Siemens

Huge

Current Employee - Materials Manager in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Materials Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Siemens full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Opportunties to grow
Good Benefits
Team work

Cons

Corporate bureaucracy
Run by numbers not common sense

Look at the waste not just numbers

818 Other Employee Reviews for Siemens (View Most Recent)

Not the type of company I want to be a part of

Former Employee - Leadership Development Participant
    Former Employee - Leadership Development Participant

I worked at Siemens full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent Pay and Benefits
    Value Knowledge
    Work with a lot of smart engineers

Cons

What came across to me most was a "if you can't make it, fake it" culture. You were given numbers you were expected to hit and even management would tell you that if the team couldn't hit the numbers (because they were often a bad standard made by people who didn't understand the process) then you needed to find a way to make it look like you did.

In my opinion they also came across has having 0 loyalty. I was in a program for up and coming leaders that they spent quite a bit of money on. I left because after going on unnecessary company trips and outings we would go back to facilities and watch people get laid off. I knew that if that was what they were teaching upcoming management was ok in their company - I wanted nothing to do with it.

Stop micromanaging the individual contributors by making decisions on their numbers from a different country - or if you do, listen to reason when they tell you its not possible. You are only hurting yourself but creating a culture where it is better that they lie to you about the numbers. Can't figure out why your savings never seem to match the numbers your teams are reporting? That's why!

Leadership is horrible and employee are not treated fairly!

Former Employee - Staff Scientist in Malvern, PA
    Former Employee - Staff Scientist in Malvern, PA

I worked at Siemens full-time

Pros

Still the best in technology in medical domain, better and stronger than Philips, especially GE in Innovation!

Cons

There are a lot of middle level managers useless and ready to take advantages on employees. There is no much leaderhip in local management. Credits can be taken by managers or some senior colleagues. Collaboration internal and external is a big issue. Employee satisfication rate is low!

There are newer employer reviews for Siemens