Siemens

www.siemens.com
There are newer employer reviews for Siemens

Too many processes! I need to use the washroom, but I'm unsure I properly filled the IPNU form.

I worked at Siemens (less than an year)

Pros

Enjoyed working with the members of the team I was a part of as they enjoyed a laugh and weren't uptight. Very knowledgable and helpful (mostly) co-workers. Excellent technical expertise. A lot of long-time employees. Very fair benefits. There is some great talent that is to be found amongst the ranks. Truly a global company. Even with its faults, the business will continue.

Cons

Did I mention anything about excessive processes? Lack of understanding from European leadership on North American market needs. Work area is quite sterile (cattle arrangement) and days are monotonous. Hate the fact that some in customer service will hide behind a process to justify a delay in a customer delivery. What's with the spirograph chart during product development reviews? I wonder if that pucture has any true measure of the potental viability of a new product. I am pretty sure that if you dont include that scribble chart in your presentation, you will be reprimended by failing your M3,009,675 review. That being said, I believe the Square Tire would be allowed to be launched as long as the accompanying pretty charts per the process are incuded in the gate. If you rock the boat, you will stand out.

Hard to debate the results of a $100B company, but why not go for $150B with more customer and sales friendliness? Need to balance controlling costs with necessity to spend money to grow and market your business. Take into consideration that European market needs don't always transfer into the needs of North America. Rather than dictate from Europe, gather and implement US requirements into initial product designs. Siemens is still a very strong name, but don't get caught up thinking you're the only game in town. Some of the little guys out there have just as capable products without the beaurocratic overhead that comes with Siemens.

1010 Other Employee Reviews for Siemens (View Most Recent)

Sr. Product Engineer

Current Employee - Senior Product Engineer in Tarrytown, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Product Engineer in Tarrytown, NY

I have been working at Siemens full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

good work-life balance, good salary/output ratio

Cons

don't expect learning too much or get promoted if you perfom well/exceed expectation

depends, but not my type

HArd Work Pays Off

Current Employee - Project Manager in Malvern, PA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Siemens full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The company is big enough that if you are unhappy in your role or with your manager you can switch.

Cons

If you want to apply for a new role executive approval is needed for a raise higher than 15%.

Ugh where do I begin?