Siemens
www.siemens.com Munich, Germany 5000+ Employees

Too many processes! I need to use the washroom, but I'm unsure I properly filled the IPNU form.

(Former Employee)

ProsEnjoyed working with the members of the team I was a part of as they enjoyed a laugh and weren't uptight. Very knowledgable and helpful (mostly) co-workers. Excellent technical expertise. A lot of long-time employees. Very fair benefits. There is some great talent that is to be found amongst the ranks. Truly a global company. Even with its faults, the business will continue.

ConsDid I mention anything about excessive processes? Lack of understanding from European leadership on North American market needs. Work area is quite sterile (cattle arrangement) and days are monotonous. Hate the fact that some in customer service will hide behind a process to justify a delay in a customer delivery. What's with the spirograph chart during product development reviews? I wonder if that pucture has any true measure of the potental viability of a new product. I am pretty sure that if you dont include that scribble chart in your presentation, you will be reprimended by failing your M3,009,675 review. That being said, I believe the Square Tire would be allowed to be launched as long as the accompanying pretty charts per the process are incuded in the gate. If you rock the boat, you will stand out.

Advice to Senior ManagementHard to debate the results of a $100B company, but why not go for $150B with more customer and sales friendliness? Need to balance controlling costs with necessity to spend money to grow and market your business. Take into consideration that European market needs don't always transfer into the needs of North America. Rather than dictate from Europe, gather and implement US requirements into initial product designs. Siemens is still a very strong name, but don't get caught up thinking you're the only game in town. Some of the little guys out there have just as capable products without the beaurocratic overhead that comes with Siemens.

HArd Work Pays Off

Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Malvern, PA

I have been working at Siemens full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: The company is big enough that if you are unhappy… Cons: If you want to apply for a new role executive… Advice to Senior Management: Ugh where do I begin? Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Huge

Materials Manager (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

I have been working at Siemens full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Opportunties to grow Good Benefits Team work Cons: Corporate bureaucracy Run by numbers not common sense Advice to Senior Management: Look at the waste not just numbers Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Siemens.

Worked for Siemens? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Siemens reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Siemens CEO Joe Kaeser. All reviews posted anonymously by Siemens employees.