There are newer employer reviews for Siemens

Good stable company

I worked at Siemens as an intern

Pros

stable business in the industry

Cons

low growing business will not getting big bouns

791 Other Employee Reviews for Siemens (View Most Recent)

Decent but unspectacular engineering grad program

Current Employee - Graduate Product Engineer  in  Poole, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Graduate Product Engineer in Poole, England (UK)

I have been working at Siemens full-time for more than a year

Pros

Solid management, good technology, and a decent vision for growth given the department served a very developed market.
    Some of the good aspects of working for a large company did come through, e.g. HR processes (e.g. pay) were well structured.
    Good opportunity for career development.
    Tight control of project/time from the top down

Cons

Siemens UK feels less like an engineering giant, and more like a collection of medium sized companies. , but there wasn't much synergy/knowledge exchange between business units.
    The large project I happened to be on was troubled, so for me it was a stressful environment, but I don't believe this to be widespread.
    The training provided to graduates varies a lot depending on the character of the job - some people got weeks of training, but as a software developer I didn't rate any.

I felt there was too much competition between business units, which prevented them from sharing resources and technology. I felt that this came from the top down - I suspected directors were rewarded for the performance of their unit compared to others, rather than it's market competitors.

Technically leading company in healthcare

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  Erlangen (Germany)
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Erlangen (Germany)

I worked at Siemens full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Technically advanced company, with challenging positions and opportunities to change to different areas. It is hard to move up, but most of the higher postions are with former internal colleagues, this is good, but also bad, as no new ideas come into the company.

Cons

Sometimes really to big to move forward some topics, especially through the middle management that seems like a ball of mud. The departments often are like silos, every department lead is like a king in his own kingdom focussing on protecting his land instead of working together.

Invest more in your people

There are newer employer reviews for Siemens

Worked for Siemens? Contribute to the Community!