Not the type of company I want to be a part of

Former Employee - Leadership Development Participant
Former Employee - Leadership Development Participant

I worked at Siemens full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent Pay and Benefits
Value Knowledge
Work with a lot of smart engineers

Cons

What came across to me most was a "if you can't make it, fake it" culture. You were given numbers you were expected to hit and even management would tell you that if the team couldn't hit the numbers (because they were often a bad standard made by people who didn't understand the process) then you needed to find a way to make it look like you did.

In my opinion they also came across has having 0 loyalty. I was in a program for up and coming leaders that they spent quite a bit of money on. I left because after going on unnecessary company trips and outings we would go back to facilities and watch people get laid off. I knew that if that was what they were teaching upcoming management was ok in their company - I wanted nothing to do with it.

Stop micromanaging the individual contributors by making decisions on their numbers from a different country - or if you do, listen to reason when they tell you its not possible. You are only hurting yourself but creating a culture where it is better that they lie to you about the numbers. Can't figure out why your savings never seem to match the numbers your teams are reporting? That's why!

Other Reviews for Siemens

Accepting this Internship offer was one of the worst decisions of my life!!!!

Former Employee - Supply Chain & Purchasing Intern  in  Malvern, PA
    Former Employee - Supply Chain & Purchasing Intern in Malvern, PA

I worked at Siemens as an intern for less than a year

Pros

There were none except maybe their cafe.

Cons

1) The entire department is talking behind interns if one doesn't submit work on time or makes any mistake..... I was here for descent challenge but they expect new interns to know everything without any clear instructions..Absolutely brutal.
    2) You better know Excel inside out....above advanced skills to survive here.
    3) If you're not meeting their expectations they will kick you out....this is the first time I ever saw a company kick out interns which i find ridiculous.
    4) The most unprofessional place I have ever seen, Senior Directors and managers cursing out on regular basis but it didn't bother me.
    5) The internship was just horrible especially the work.

Senior Project Manager

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Siemens full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great people and great technical skills.

Cons

Focus on cost reduction with reduction in force.

There are newer employer reviews for Siemens.

Worked for Siemens? Contribute to the Community!