There are newer employer reviews for Siemens

Not the type of company I want to be a part of

Former Employee - Leadership Development Participant
Former Employee - Leadership Development Participant

I worked at Siemens full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent Pay and Benefits
Value Knowledge
Work with a lot of smart engineers

Cons

What came across to me most was a "if you can't make it, fake it" culture. You were given numbers you were expected to hit and even management would tell you that if the team couldn't hit the numbers (because they were often a bad standard made by people who didn't understand the process) then you needed to find a way to make it look like you did.

In my opinion they also came across has having 0 loyalty. I was in a program for up and coming leaders that they spent quite a bit of money on. I left because after going on unnecessary company trips and outings we would go back to facilities and watch people get laid off. I knew that if that was what they were teaching upcoming management was ok in their company - I wanted nothing to do with it.

Stop micromanaging the individual contributors by making decisions on their numbers from a different country - or if you do, listen to reason when they tell you its not possible. You are only hurting yourself but creating a culture where it is better that they lie to you about the numbers. Can't figure out why your savings never seem to match the numbers your teams are reporting? That's why!

793 Other Employee Reviews for Siemens (View Most Recent)

Leadership is horrible and employee are not treated fairly!

Former Employee - Staff Scientist  in  Malvern, PA
    Former Employee - Staff Scientist in Malvern, PA

I worked at Siemens full-time

Pros

Still the best in technology in medical domain, better and stronger than Philips, especially GE in Innovation!

Cons

There are a lot of middle level managers useless and ready to take advantages on employees. There is no much leaderhip in local management. Credits can be taken by managers or some senior colleagues. Collaboration internal and external is a big issue. Employee satisfication rate is low!

Too many processes! I need to use the washroom, but I'm unsure I properly filled the IPNU form.

I worked at Siemens for less than a year

Pros

Enjoyed working with the members of the team I was a part of as they enjoyed a laugh and weren't uptight. Very knowledgable and helpful (mostly) co-workers. Excellent technical expertise. A lot of long-time employees. Very fair benefits. There is some great talent that is to be found amongst the ranks. Truly a global company. Even with its faults, the business will continue.

Cons

Did I mention anything about excessive processes? Lack of understanding from European leadership on North American market needs. Work area is quite sterile (cattle arrangement) and days are monotonous. Hate the fact that some in customer service will hide behind a process to justify a delay in a customer delivery. What's with the spirograph chart during product development reviews? I wonder if that pucture has any true measure of the potental viability of a new product. I am pretty sure that if you dont include that scribble chart in your presentation, you will be reprimended by failing your M3,009,675 review. That being said, I believe the Square Tire would be allowed to be launched as long as the accompanying pretty charts per the process are incuded in the gate. If you rock the boat, you will stand out.

Hard to debate the results of a $100B company, but why not go for $150B with more customer and sales friendliness? Need to balance controlling costs with necessity to spend money to grow and market your business. Take into consideration that European market needs don't always transfer into the needs of North America. Rather than dictate from Europe, gather and implement US requirements into initial product designs. Siemens is still a very strong name, but don't get caught up thinking you're the only game in town. Some of the little guys out there have just as capable products without the beaurocratic overhead that comes with Siemens.

There are newer employer reviews for Siemens

Worked for Siemens? Contribute to the Community!