Siemens

www.siemens.com
  www.siemens.com
There are newer employer reviews for Siemens

No growth or training for employees. You have to brown nose to get anywhere. HR says leave the company for growth!!

Current Employee - Human Resources Services in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Human Resources Services in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Siemens full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Stable company. Clean work environment. Fair compensation.

Cons

Management is not responsible and does not take ownership. You have to be related to them or their drinking buddy to get ahead. No training to grow within the company. The Management acts as if they care only during the time when survey's are conducted.
Upper management turns a blind eye towards this and when HR is addressed in regards to promotion and growth they say we have to look outside Siemens and come back.

Take ownership and work like it is a career. Train and identify talent to be the next manager within Siemens.

865 Other Employee Reviews for Siemens (View Most Recent)

Major Changes Every Two Years

Former Employee - Energy Engineer
    Former Employee - Energy Engineer

I worked at Siemens full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, great interaction between sales, project managers, and engineers. Workload seemed to differ greatly across the US (combination of managers' abilities and availability of projects).

Cons

During my time at Siemens, the official name of the company changed from Siemens Building Technologies to Siemens Industry to Siemens Infrastructures and Cities; the name changes occurred about every two years. The changes often came with major reshuffling / layoffs as well as major shifts in focus which at times killed momentum that some teams were building.

Provide real feedback to employees rather than fluff. Even though my performance was consistently above average / excellent based on the reviews, I was still laid off along with other great employees during the last reshuflfe.

Laid back place to work

Former Employee - Engineer in Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Engineer in Knoxville, TN

I worked at Siemens full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very relaxed environment despite many colleagues having advanced degrees and significant years of work experience. Very diverse work environment.

Cons

Salary not competitive, "good 'ole boy" mentality when it comes to change, streamlining, or improving product lines.

Adjust mentality away from "well this is how we've always done it."

There are newer employer reviews for Siemens