There are newer employer reviews for Siemens

Fair company. Good for young low level career, middle and senior level career average.

Current Employee - Field Services in Beltsville, MD
Current Employee - Field Services in Beltsville, MD

I have been working at Siemens full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Decent pay. Negotiate hard coming in because what you get is what you get...with a minor COLA every year. If you are a younger applicant just starting your career then it is an excellent move. As far as other companies in the sector and geographic location (DC/Baltimore metro) it is above average for pay but still below union scale.

Cons

I.T. is horrible. Your computer/laptop is a detriment to production and is one step above a boat anchor. At time of this posting (September 22nd 2013) still using XP as the operating system. 30 minute boot times are not uncommon when connected to corporate network. I hate my company issued vehicle. It is not practical for the work I perform.

Consolidate consolidate consolidate. In Beltsville Maryland there is an office full of people, if we really need that much overhead and management then there is an issue. Hopefully new CEO realizes no future in highly fragmented system. If your field service people spend a majority of time in their vehicle, some form of comfort should come into the equation. Then again the hardest seats on an airline I've ever experienced is Lufthansa. Maybe it's a German thing? Also Joe Kaeser is Chief Executive Officer, Siemens AG, Munich since August 1, 2013 anyone giving the former CEO a thumbs up should be questioned. Glassdoor needs to update this selection as my option is choosing a thumbs up or thumbs down for the past CEO.

820 Other Employee Reviews for Siemens (View Most Recent)

Loved it!

Current Employee - Engineering Intern in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Engineering Intern in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Siemens as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Amazing company to work for, great pay for interns and definitely an environment that focused on expanding our knowledge of engineering.

Cons

Not a lot of cons! Great people to work for.

Strong and Focused

I worked at Siemens

Pros

160 year old company with heavily engineered products and systems.

Cons

Bound up in its own methods and procedures

Hope you sort out the current top management situation and get back to innovating soon

There are newer employer reviews for Siemens