There are newer employer reviews for Siemens

Great place to work. Super diversity. Talent from all over the world

I worked at Siemens full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great diversity
promotes a lot of creativity

Cons

at the division i was, a lot of outdated technology

793 Other Employee Reviews for Siemens (View Most Recent)

Size & Quality of management prevents them from being the technical company they were.

Former Employee - Engineer  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Engineer in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Siemens full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Stability. People are rarely fired, even for poor performance. Management is never fired or demoted only shuffled into different positions. If you want a mediocre international career for 40 years and can say "yes" to everything asked of you, this is the place for you.

Cons

401K (a match of 6%) and Medical (50% contribution) lags behind their competitors and even smaller companies. Paid vacation is average (start at 15 days a year). Management is horrible! I had five managers I was responsible to for one project. They were not flexible regarding work times even during family medical issues. I received requests from management not to document off-process conditions and procedures as well as "to do whatever necessary" to meet certain deliverable dates including violating Siemens' own procedures.

Time for some serious G&A reductions! The company is no longer a true technical innovator; listen to their advertisements: "40% of our employees have technical jobs" & "PARTNERING" with companies to develop the innovations of tomorrow. Completely remove deadbeat managers and start treating your employees like you care. There are some really intelligent and hardworking people still at the company, but you will lose them all quickly if you don't give them the recognition and development they deserve and continue a culture of cronyism.

Terrible experience! Would not recomend worknig for this company!

Former Employee - Accounting  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Accounting in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Siemens full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have yet to find any good reasons to work at this company. No work life balance, managers make poor decisions, poor leadership, salaries are low, constant change and it is never for the good. No growth potential, unless you are located in the Alpharetta office, then you have a chance for job growth.

Cons

This company likes to change every 6 months and never gives current change a chance to develope. They are always looking to out source jobs. People are walking on egg shells all the time not sure if they will be out sourced. The managers in Corporate accounting are terrible! Thought process is old school and they cannot think outside the box. Siemens claims to be a big advocate for breast cancer, too bad the managers do not share that same belife. My manager violated FMLA and the director allowed this to happen. Even worse HR turned a blind eye to what was going on. My advice to any working in accounting, stay away from this company.

Retire or move on and let someone experienced take over your position.

There are newer employer reviews for Siemens

Worked for Siemens? Contribute to the Community!